Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody here do autocross? I am really getting in to it and wanna go all out. I know i saw a pic or two of Chris D's truck at an event.

the only bad thing is im in a class that i cant really compete in due to so many modifications...but it is what it is...i really enjoy racing, and more or less just race myself for faster times every lap...of course i get happy when i run faster than cars that i shouldn't, but in the end its just about getting out and having fun...honestly...

each lap got better and better as it should have...you shouldnt expect anything less but learning more and more after every turn/lap...hands down the best experience i have had on a track next to actually taking a car around the Nurburgring...which i've done that too...but not in my truck, lol...

First Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5q-UdnzJXg&feature=youtu.be

Second Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEoBoiKf5CA&feature=youtu.be

Third Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqk4cmRWBIQ&feature=youtu.be

Fourth Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnn4cSRFX-4&feature=youtu.be

Fifth Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-roqz-U20U&feature=youtu.be

Sixth Lap

going purely off the raw time, each lap was faster and faster...but since one of the laps at the end i took out a few cones...even though they were after the finish line, unfortunately they still add time to your score...o well, like i said...it was a blast, and hopefully i get to go again next month...as long as the event isnt towards the end of the month when im supposed to be going TDY...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2 Questions what do you have for tires? dif. for racing. That truck looks like a cop magnet lots of unfair tickets?
honestly i couldnt even tell you without going outside to look at them...they were on the truck when i bought it...and i dont change tires when i go to the track...

Surprisingly ive been pulled over in Texas once in it, and im pretty sure he just heard my 3 inch turbo back exhaust and it pissed him off...stupid fvcking Tomball, TX police...only got a ticket for no license because i live in georgia now, stationed here, and hadn't renewed my license yet, since i hadnt been back...went and renewed it and they threw out the ticket... o and never here in Georgia...ive been pulled over in my camry once and in my 86 4runner once...but never in the taco...kinda funny honestly

·
Registered
339 Posts
2 Questions what do you have for tires? dif. for racing. That truck looks like a cop magnet lots of unfair tickets?
Cop magnet haha. Mine is. Last nite made 7 times in the last 3 yrs I've been pulled over in mine.
Autocross is pretty sweet. I've been to a few in TN.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What class do you run? Modded suspension must put you in a crazy competitive class..

:)
Street Mod...Novice of course...lol...

like i said, i know i couldn't win in that class, there is a fully built, fiberglass body mustang in my class with tires on all corners wider than my whole truck, haha...ran a whole 7 seconds faster than i did on my fastest lap...there's no way i could make up 7 seconds in one lap...lol

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Stiddy, do you tach it upto or past 3k when working the steering wheel autox'ing?

Do you notice your power steering acting like a manual rack when above 3k rpm when in a tight technical course?
honestly, i am not watchin the tach when driving...on that event into the first turn, i slam it into second and stay there the entire time...but i also have a W58 with a second gear that will take me to 60 mph...so i didnt need to get out of second the whole time.

And i have not noticed the steering being any different while turning...there is only one thing that has changed since trying out all this racing stuff. When smokin the tires before a drag race, i cant keep the truck still during the burn out...pressurizing the brake booster with positive pressure basically makes the brakes not work at all...i gotta get a check valve for that...

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My brake booster line from the intake has a check valve in it from the factory.. :thinking:

I have the w58 too, this should be a fun year once I get Beefys 4link kit..
man i am so jealous of that four link.
i am actually thinking about replacing the rear shocks with coil overs to help in the cornering since i already have a shock bridge that tilts the shocks inward.

you got a pic of your brake booster check valve? maybe a part number?

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
I believe its a grommet mounted check valve..
on the booster there is a goldish grommet with a vac line coming out of it to the intake.
I believe the check valve is in the booster and just pops into the booster.

I'm not 100% on this, but it looks like it..

Can't find a tear down schematic for it.. Enola? :thinking:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 76 Posts