Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pat and I were discussing what we "needed" next for our trucks and I brought up the fact that I keep breaking lug studs about once every 6 months. He suggested that i get ARP studs and found the part number for the 6-lug tacoma. Does anyone know the part number for the 5-lug?

I happen to have an aftermarket oe stud that i haven't installed yet and these are the measurements for it if it helps.

length (which doesn't matter if it is longer): 42.86mm / 1.687''
knurl: 14.28mm / 0.562''

keep in mind that i'm using a cheapy micrometer and my replacement stud may not be "perfect".

oh, also if this helps, the replacement dorman part number is 610-244.1. the thread is m12 - 1.5. On the head it's stamped 244 / ABN / 10.9... don't know if that means anything....

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I needed studs? Huh?

None of the 12 1.5 studs in the ARP catalog match up? I'm sure ARP has somthing that will work for our five lugs... pick up the phone Monday and ask? Haha.

I'll probably keep running my stocks (which I have yet to have a problem with) until I swap rear ends... Then I'll probably go 9/16" and not worry about it. :shrug:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
ct stalker
3,540 Posts
Part #100-7702

I'm not sure if the fronts are the same. You can order a set for the rear and check for yourself if they fit the front as well.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
niiice, thanks! :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
dx-r said:
Part #100-7702
That number's listed as a 7/16" 20, Just a heads up Minh so you remember to get new lugs if you run those studs. :waytogo:

Also, Front and rear 5-lug studs have different part numbers, though I'm unsure as to what the differences are. Another interesting fact is that the Rear 5-lug studs are the same part number as the Front 6-lugs. :silly:

5 Lug Studs:
Front: 90942-02047
Rear: 90942-02049

6 Lug Studs:
Front: 90942-02049
Rear: 90942-02079

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the front and rear studs are different oem part number. Not sure what the differences are but there is a difference... :shrug:

i would measure the lenghts on those knurls but my smart ass lost the stud somewhere in my room, haha. i'll measure it when I find them.

Well, since the front of the 6-lug are the same as the rear of a five... wouldn't i just get those for the rear? now what to do with the front.... :shrug:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
too many choices dude, just give me a part number, if it doesn't work i'll just blame you, it's easier that way :lol:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the stud was in my shirt pocket this whole time, haha.

the whole knurl part i would have to say is about 8mm and the part w/ the "teeth" is about 5.5mm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts