Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5vzfe in my 96 taco. After I finished installing the aquamist 2d system my motor began to buck under heavy throttle, especially at 3200rpm's or higher. The 2d system seems to be functioning normally. I have the smallest jet that came with the kit, and the connection to the fuel injector is soldered. Its lurching like the motor cuts out for a split second, but will only under heavy throttle.

So to test the WI to see if it causes the bucking. I unhook the jet from the URD spacer and the wires from the HSV. It then changed to a quick studder under throttle kinda like a misfire, but different than the total engine cut for a sec. It seems that the aquamist is complicating the problem? The CEL is not on and scanner shows no codes? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Maybe an air leak somewhere post MAF?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
mt_goat said:
Maybe an air leak somewhere post MAF?
this comment wont help you problem because i am not running h2o but i have seen kits for $200.00 on eBay that look like quality parts and pump. Compared to the expensive kits that are @ URD.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Sounds like a air leak. I have water injection also and had a similar problem but it was a tuning issue. As far as URD goes dont be suprised if you dont get a reply, they told me to email them(Gadget) about an esc1 for instructions and vehicle specific wiring. After four emails and one call I gave up and found other sources.:(

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
tacoturbo95 said:
Sounds like a air leak. I have water injection also and had a similar problem but it was a tuning issue. As far as URD goes dont be suprised if you dont get a reply, they told me to email them(Gadget) about an esc1 for instructions and vehicle specific wiring. After four emails and one call I gave up and found other sources.:(
I sent brian an email about URD sending me the wrong ftc box and the moment i clicked send, 3 seconds my phone rang and it was Brian.:headbang:

·
Registered
514 Posts
URD does have phone # now too. (877) 887-3872

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
props to all of you great response by him too bad he isnt consistent. In my situation I got no response and zero customer service.:( If it worked for you great. The problem with this situation is its a forum and we are all on here to place our opinions about stuff example urd, If you can learn something great if not to bad but take it in stride. URD in my opinion has poor customer service poor shipping and poor tech suppport so take it how you want it:)

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts
i think, (and it's not impossible) that turbotaco95 may be the only person that has ever had a problem with URD's customer service. that's rough stuff, son!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies fellow CT boys, has anyone else had any like problems? Im sure with all the Alky's out there someone must have had a like experience.

PS: Nothing against Ttora but the wealth of info on CT is 10x + that of Ttora's, this is the new spot for me-

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tacoturbo95 said:
props to all of you great response by him too bad he isnt consistent. In my situation I got no response and zero customer service.:( If it worked for you great. The problem with this situation is its a forum and we are all on here to place our opinions about stuff example urd, If you can learn something great if not to bad but take it in stride. URD in my opinion has poor customer service poor shipping and poor tech suppport so take it how you want it:)
My experience thus far is that Gadget said on this post to email him directly, I did that night, and the next morning he respoded with a multiple step direction to go about determining the core of my bucking/ stalling after installing the aquamist 2d problem, I then unhooked completely the harness and relay to the FIA2 which did not solve the bucking under throttle thus ruling out the WI system. I emailed Gadget back that night with the results and once again this morning he replied with the next step in solving the prob. which im going to try now-to make sure the MAF is working fine because i had cleaned it during the Aquamist install and everyone knows how those things are. So I couldnt ask for more as far as customer support goes from URD. Thats my experience.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so the surging is still happening, ive swapped MAF's and re-soldered my FIA2 connections and im still exactly the same. Which rules out the aquamist in my mind. Although something new that bothers me is my water/meth consumption. Im running the smallest jet prob. .07 with a 50/50 mix with the cut in set at 3psi on the 2.2 pulley its pretty easy to spray, but im using a whole URD tanks worth in just a half tank of gas. Does that seem excessive?

Has anyone installed a HO 160amp alternator and experienced lurching, cut-out type symptoms afterwards?, cuz it seems to happen at any given time now, just much more likely during excelleration.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'd try setting it to spray closer to 5 psi and see how much water you use.

When you tapped into the fuel injector harness are you sure you didn't cut or damage the wire to the fuel injector?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mt_goat said:

When you tapped into the fuel injector harness are you sure you didn't cut or damage the wire to the fuel injector?
Yes, I unplugged the harness from the fuel injector and soldered a few inches from the plug, is that what you mean?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anyone installed a HO 160amp alternator and experienced lurching, cut-out type symptoms afterwards?, cuz it seems to happen at any given time now, just much more likely during excelleration.
I have the 160 amp alternator, but there is no way it would cause any lurching in the first place, it's completly coincidence. Good luck finding the cause of your problem.

·
Registered
505 Posts
mt_goat said:

As far as the water consumption goes. Everyone I've talk to has set theirs. 5 psi or as close as they could get. I could imagine if i had mine set at 3psi. I would use alot of water!

·
Registered
514 Posts
DOX03 said:
As far as the water consumption goes. Everyone I've talk to has set theirs. 5 psi or as close as they could get. I could imagine if i had mine set at 3psi. I would use alot of water!
Yeah 3 psi isn't enough boost to need WI anyway.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mt_goat said:
Yeah 3 psi isn't enough boost to need WI anyway.
I may have found the problem, im not convinced the HSV wiring polarity is correctly connected to the fuel injector. The RED wire from the HSV goes to the wire from ECM to injector, or does it go to the other fuel injector wire which continues to the coils, if you look at the factory wiring diagram. The wire from the ecu to the fuel injector is a different color for each injector, the wire from fuel injector to the coils are the same color wire coming from each injector.

to sum it up : each injector has a wire which is the same color as the rest, and a wire which is different color on each injector. which wire does the red HSV wire go to? which wire does the green HSV wire go to?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts