Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: for wheel parts is having a sale buy three get one free , i kind of like the design of the pro comp xterra simi directional tires and there mud terrian , has any one use any one of these tires and if so what was your experiance , i went to pro comps site and they seem to be well made? cool let me know peace.

·
Registered
320 Posts
From what I've heard that deal is a sham. Heard alot of negative comments about the ProCraps. Main reason I went with the Yokos.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
crap tires just like the rest of their product line. I would believe what toyotaco said, i've heard a lot of hidden charges with their deals. Stick with a quality brand.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
With what i've experienced with pro comp tires and suspension i've not had any problems. Oh, yeah about the tires the xterrain are great on road and off road. I'm running 35" and love them... :headbang:

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
I've heard that the rubber used to make the Procomp tires are softer than the other leading brands. So the tires wear down a little quicker. I rather buy Goodyear or BFG's.

·
Stop Staring
5,744 Posts
i had a set, they wore like crap and sucked in the mud. i wouldnt recommend them

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:confused: wow i guess pro comp sucks , i thought their suspesion stuff was good iam sure the tires are not all that i will stick with bfg or goodyear kinda pricey but guess worth it .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude your truck looks sick , can you post some bigger pictures of your taco have not seen much of the six inch 35 inch combo . i wana start on my 06 with three inch 33inch tire combo , iam wondering what size rims your running?:)
trikos said:
With what i've experienced with pro comp tires and suspension i've not had any problems. Oh, yeah about the tires the xterrain are great on road and off road. I'm running 35" and love them... :headbang:

·
Registered
915 Posts
About the sale??? This month it is buy 3 get 1 free! But they raised the price per tire. 285/75R16 last month was $188.99
For the 4 for 3 sale they raised it to $223.99 per tire. Next month after the sale it will be back at $188.99. They are Crooks!
Although? You save $83.99 on the set.
You would have been better off buying BFG's last month, they were giving $100.00 off their actual cost of a set of 4 tires.
ProComp just wants to see how many idiots they can fool into think they are getting a great deal.
When in reality BFG's sale was better and they were honest about it!
If they are going to lie to you about the sale? How do you know that anything they say about their products are true? NO INTEGRITY!!!

F**** ProCOMP!!!!!!!

That's just my 2 pennies!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Pro Comp Xtreems on my taco because they were on there when I bought the truck and I am not very happy with the performance but I do like the looks. It was raining yesterday and I was having a hard time leaving stop signs with out spinning the tires the Nitto Terra grapplers I had on my other truck worked in rain a whole lot better and was not near as noisy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a set of pro comp extreme all terrain and I like them so far. They are quiet and ride alot better than my bfg ats. Haven't taken them off road yet just got them last week:headbang:eek:ut

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have ProComp X-Terrain's in a 305/70R16 on a spacer lift......They have some miles on em and they make alot of road noise. They're starting to wear pretty choppy and I keep my tires rotated and balanced like they should be. I couldn't tell ya about how good they are in the mud, I don't take my truck off roading.

I guess overall, I probably wouldn't reccomend them. Ummm.....Toyo MT, BFG MT, Nitto Mud Grappler.....All seem to be good tires

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got them now and they SUCK! I will be going back to super swamper ssr's real soon! Do yourself a favor and go with something other than any procomp tires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts