Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a whole chassis painting kit of the MasterSeries anti-corrosion paint sealers this week. I'm going to use it to repaint my entire undercarriage and hopefully stop any rust from forming/spreading due to our ****ty Massachusetts winters and salty roads.

I actually spent about 18 hours with an angle grinder and a wire wheel sanding my frame down and painting it with several coats of rustoleum about 5 months ago... but a little bit of rust is starting to come back. It's kinda rediculous how crappy rustoleum products are, especially considering how much effort and prep work i put into sanding almost all of the rust off the frame the first time(hardly any pits or black metal prior to painting it) and considering I used their rusty-metal primer as a base-coat(2 layers actually).

They use the stuff to paint bridges that go over canals, bays and rivers, and they say it lasts for like 25 years and is nearly impervious to rust and scratches. I'm going to redo the entire frame once I get the MasterSeries products delivered to me, and was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with their products(AG111 primer and their Chassis Black topcoat)

http://www.nomorerust.com/silver.html

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Your link doesn't seem to be working.

I have not used that product. I actually use the Rustoleum on mine and like you said it doesn't last too long.:brickknoc

Let me know if you use it and it turns out well.

BTW Where in Southern Mass are you from?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts