Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to stop the alarm system from going off. Seems to go off at every inopportune time. Would rather not have it functional. Just want to keep the keyless entry. Thanks.

·
QA1 Founding Father
4,471 Posts
there should be some kind os relay to unplug.. not sure which one it is.. but when you get a alarm they just plug in something into the fuse box..

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
ahhh, dont do that...maybe your sensitivity is up real high. you have to take off that piece of plastic by your left foot. behind that is a box, you have to unscrew the box and on its reverse side theres a knob with the sensitivity of 1-12.

did that make sense? writing out directions is hard...go check the free alarm upgrade in the faq

·
Registered
5 Posts
put your key in and turn it to on but do not start it and turn it off in one motion and hit your red button on the dash to you hear the horn honk and it is off yet me know if it worked

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, I been standing on my head under the dash on the drivers side of my 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner, after fighting with my alarm. My battery has been disconnected for the last 3 months, and now I'm trying to get things going again. I can not reset or disarm with the key fobs, the originals, with good batteries in them (I got a 5 pack of the little 12 volt batteries for them). I can disarm by turning the key to on (not start) and pushing the red button on the dash a couple of times, but if I open and shut the door,(nothing else) the red light on the dash blinks real fast for about thirty seconds, then the horn beeps once, the lights flash, and the alarm is armed again, and the only way to disarm it it to do the key to on/red light button thing again. Key fobs do nothing.
I want the alarm GONE, or working right. This truck will be having the battery disconnected and reconnected a lot in the next several months. I followed the wire from the sensitivity box to another box that says "Main Module" and "Part # 00014-S0200" on it. It has a fairly big molex type connector also on it. Is that the alarm? Does anybody know what's wrong? Does anybody know how I can make my alarm inop completely? I don't care if I have to lock and unlock the door with keys/hands. Please help Tacoma alarm experts out there.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
Does your 2000 PreRunner have the door-mounted courtesy lights? If so - are they working correctly?

Set the dome light to come on with the doors being opened. Does the dome light come on as expected with either _single_ door being opened?

I believe the RS3000 might be monitoring the doors' opening / closing using the circuit for the contact switches that actuate the light functions. If something's wrong with one of those switches (or the circuit to the Body ECU) that might explain your problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes - that part number is the alarm main module.

Given that part number, it appears you have the Toyota factory TVIP RS3000 system. This should be either TVIP V2 or TVIP V3.

Start by reviewing the RS3000 documentation at Parks Offroad:

Thanks for the link. I do believe I have lights on the inside of the doors, you would think I would remember since I drove the truck for 14 years :). I was using the dome and map lights yesterday, I had the truck running to charge the battery, but I didn't pay any attention to the door lights. I went and bought a battery charger today, so I won't have to jump it every time, and have the battery out and charging right now. I plan on attacking it again tomorrow. I'll look at the door lights then.
I found some very similar manuals, they were for a 1998 Land cruiser, last night. The pictures in both of the ECU, do not look the same. All those big, square connectors are not on it, just one big white connector with about 15 wires on it-it looks similar to an ATX motherboard power supply connector on a PC.What I did determine from an EWDmanual I found is that the Tacoma has the RS3200, with the Keyless Entry upgrade. I also can't find the button to push for programming remotes- it's probably recessed and has to be pushed with a paper clip or something. The biggest problem with messing with all this is the location-it's all up under the dash on the driver's side, and next to impossible for me to see, much less push buttons on it. What I would really like is to just get rid of the alarm system completely. I would be happy to just have an old fashioned "unlock the doors with a key". If I can disconnect the ECU, and all the lights still work, and the engine still start, etc, I would be thrilled. The truck is not my main vehicle anymore, it needs some work, and I want to customize it, and I don't want t have to deal with the alarm every time I hook the battery back up. Sorry for the long post.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
There were multiple versions of the RS3000 / RS3200, and during the period around 2000 - 2002 there were different versions used on different Toyota vehicles. Some got the older RS3000 as late as the 2002 model year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I got the ECU out-every thing works pretty much. I can start the engine, the horn honks when I push the middle of the steering wheel, all the exterior lights work as they should, and the interior lights work. I do have the courtesy lights on the doors. I no longer have keyless entry. One strange thing, that I can live with, is when I open the driver door, with the key out, or in the locked position, I get a constant noise, the same noise it makes if I leave the head lights on. As soon as I shut the door, or put the key in and turn to on or start, the noise stops. Does not do this on the passenger door. Also, the power locks work with the switch on the doors only on the passenger door. Remotes do nothing.The drivers door is pretty much an old fashioned manual lock, unlock now. Don't know if it matters, but my remotes are 3 button, and have a physical key built into them that can be used in the ignition switch. All the info I have found online show separate 2 button remotes.I also have two regular keys that came with the truck, no remote. There is no button on it to program remotes with, anywhere on the ECU. I took some pictures of my ECU out of the truck to upload here in case anybody else could use the info, but I don't seem to be allowed to upload pictures, or post links.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
Your post count has miraculously increased past 15, so you should be able to post pics now. :evil:

The factory light reminder buzzer is built into the Integration Relay. It's activated by the Door Courtesy Switch (which suggests there may still be a problem with that door switch). Here (attached) is the wiring diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, I'm stupid-When I was checking all the lights, it was in the bright sun. I had left the parking lights on and didn't realize it. The noise was supposed to be there when I opened the door, the parking lights were on. And when I got done, I just disconnected the battery because I don't want the computer to drain it down. I went out to move it just now, and discovered my mistake. So......the only issue is no power lock on the driver's door. Now, when the IRS gets around to paying my refund, new shocks and alignment, coolant flush and fill, tranny flush and fill, etc. Here's the pics of my ECU
The large connector was the one that disabled all the alarm and keyless entry functions when I disconnected it. The little connector went to shock/glass breakage sensor. The other single wire went off into the dash, my guess is it was either the antenna wire for the remotes, or went to the LED/button on the dash. I just cut it, and there was no issues that I can tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need y'alls help. I have an 01 tundra, and am fighting the alarm. My dad switched the battery awhile back, that's when it first started. In the beginning button and key worked. Then it shut down on him and he couldn't get it back on. I think I unhooked the battery and did hard reset. I don't remember exactly, but I fixed it. Over a year later and I'm in trouble, can't reset to save my life. No power, can't get red button to blink all the time. I want to remove it . Part # 00014-s0273. I unplugged it and the truck still won't start. Do I have to bypass a plug on ignition? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
The Securikey alarm system (part # 00014-s0273) was not a Toyota OEM system. It was a dealer- or port-installed accessory, most commonly installed in the Gulf States sales region.

These particular systems are no longer on the market, and there's never been much info on them, their installation, or how to fix problems with them.

Since it was a 3rd party accessory installed during distribution, there's no Toyota documentation on how it's wired in, etc.

I suggest the first thing to do is to troubleshoot the system's bad behavior to see if it can be corrected. If you don't have a user manual, one is available online at:

http://jjguy.com/securikey/securikeycommonmanual.pdf

It includes multiple pages of troubleshooting procedures.

Beyond that, I can only recommend you ask over at Tundra Solutions. That forum specializes in Tundra topics.

Hope this helps ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I got the ECU out-every thing works pretty much. I can start the engine, the horn honks when I push the middle of the steering wheel, all the exterior lights work as they should, and the interior lights work. I do have the courtesy lights on the doors. I no longer have keyless entry. One strange thing, that I can live with, is when I open the driver door, with the key out, or in the locked position, I get a constant noise, the same noise it makes if I leave the head lights on. As soon as I shut the door, or put the key in and turn to on or start, the noise stops. Does not do this on the passenger door. Also, the power locks work with the switch on the doors only on the passenger door. Remotes do nothing.The drivers door is pretty much an old fashioned manual lock, unlock now. Don't know if it matters, but my remotes are 3 button, and have a physical key built into them that can be used in the ignition switch. All the info I have found online show separate 2 button remotes.I also have two regular keys that came with the truck, no remote. There is no button on it to program remotes with, anywhere on the ECU. I took some pictures of my ECU out of the truck to upload here in case anybody else could use the info, but I don't seem to be allowed to upload pictures, or post links.
So I know this post is old, but if you took out this system what all did you remove? I unplugged mine and the truck was still locked out from starting. It is a 2001 Tacoma, with a Toyota alarm system but no remotes were given when I bought the truck. I will go try to take a picture of the model number on the alarm module. I just got the part number of my alarm it is a 00014-S0273, I am needing this truck to go to work and I can't get it to reset... any help out there?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
See my January 2017 post above. The SecureKey system wasn't a Toyota OEM product. It was a dealer or port installed option, and there isn't any factory documentation on how it's installed.

If you have no remotes I don't know whether the manual (see link in the Jan. '17 post) will help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply! So if I unplug it should it allow the truck to start again? I unplugged just the brain part number 00014-S0273 under the dash and it still would not start, would I need to do a reset or unplug an additional part? I just need to get back to work...LOL

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
If you're desperate and feeling adventurous (and lucky ... ) you could try removing the alarm system "brain" (main control box) and re-connecting the wiring that was modified to connect into it.

The control box should be a small black box with a harness connector. It should be mounted under the driver-side dash somewhere (or maybe behind the drive side kick panel). It's likely to be zip-tied in place.

Probably (notice I said "probably" ... ) certain wires in the factory wiring were cut and re-routed to connect into this controller box. If you can locate those wires and match up the stock wires that were cut during installation you might well be able to re-connect the cut wires and thus remove the alarm controller from the circuit(s).

Check your registered email account ... You've got mail ... :evil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts