Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK after i rebuild my supercharger my self i got the urd up grade kit with the 2.1 pully and the thing will not rev past 3000. i have no clue how to tune it can any one help me? i have a no cat and all the goodies installed some one please help me tune it ! :meemee:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thats all I am doing rite now is just trying out. I dont have a wideband. I do have a scan tool, but no wideband for open loop.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
cahaire said:
Thats all I am doing rite now is just trying out. I dont have a wideband. I do have a scan tool, but no wideband for open loop.
not worth the risk... i mean you paid what 25K or so for your taco.. you willing to risk its motor to try stuff out?:meemee: i could have 1/2 guess tuned my truck or even gotten someones else map... but its a matter of how far sis they push the af/r and the fact that every engine is different:waytogo: whats rich for one truck might possibly be catostrophically lean on another

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah. I work at Toyota. I can get away with it. I have had this truck since it had only 9 miles on the odometer so I am the only one to have worked on it or pretty much the only person that has driven besides the salesman I delt with at work.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just want a map that works to get me to alabama so i can use my frends dyno @ his shop but the damn thing will not reve past 3000 with the base map and i dont have a wide ban tuner.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Gadget, the drive by wire is fine, i just need a map so i can drive it, I live in the mountains of North Carolina and my elavation is about 2500 ft at home. I will try any map just so it can run good till next week, my 98 Supra is NOT STREET LEGAL. All the cops know my car and i dont have a tag :D its gona be fun to drive that to work tomarow but i can out run them all ! :evil: and thanks to all the toyota lovers that are helping me out :headbang:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gadget if the kit i got from you guys was loaded with the stock map what would keep it from revin past 3000?:shrug: its like the rev limiter stuck on 3000

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
h2oplaydamian said:
gadget if the kit i got from you guys was loaded with the stock map what would keep it from revin past 3000?:shrug: its like the rev limiter stuck on 3000
MAF sensor unplugged? The race truck had one wire that broke on the maf and it would sound like a rev limiter about 2800 rpm. Just a guess. But damn it would have to be a pretty bad map to not rev past 3K . i think you have another issue. How do you know the drive by wire is good? Shoot i have 550cc injectors and no URD and mine will rev to the limiter no problem i dont think its a tuning thing....

·
Registered
201 Posts
It seems to me that it could still be the fly by wire throttle body. If it is not working properly, the throttle will only open about a third of the way. May be able to pull the intake tube of, turn the key on, get someone to mash the pedal for you will you look to see how far the throtle blade opens.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:shrug: :shrug:
Gadget said:
A failed drive by wire throttle body....

Gadget
gadget i unwired the ftc and it ran fine no stoping at 3000 and when i wire back up the ftc it runs ok till 3000 rpm the no more revin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts