Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dealership install a 3/1 pro comp nitro spacer lift and I am hearing a weird noise from front going over speed bumps. I think the sway bar might be hitting cool the few pics are the clearance I have it’s not even enough space to fit a finger. Should I get a sway bar relocate kit?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Gas Tints and shades

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what the plan was but I kind of wanted to go in with a idea of something to tell them what’s going on.

·
Registered
97 2.4l extra cab manual trans #🌮⏳
2,126 Posts
Don't see any visual contact. Check the 14mm nuts on top of the struts

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,047 Posts
I agree with pimpRunner - I don't see any obvious signs of contact / impact / rubbing in the photos.

If the pics do illustrate some such issue, please explain what it is in the photos that demonstrates it ...

Reactions: pimpRunner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with pimpRunner - I don't see any obvious signs of contact / impact / rubbing in the photos.

If the pics do illustrate some such issue, please explain what it is in the photos that demonstrates it ...
i thought when I went over bumps the sway bar may be contacting the bottom of coil?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,047 Posts
What does the noise sound like, and why do you think it's got something to do with the sway bar?

Is there any sign of contact / impact between the sway bar and the coil(s)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does the noise sound like, and why do you think it's got something to do with the sway bar?

When I looked it did look like there was rubbing and it sounds Like a bang I can’t tell if it’s metal on metal or not. And I researched online and it seems like quite a few other people were having issues with the sway bar contacting the coil there’s is barely any clearance can’t even fit a finger in there. I have a video but not sure how to post a video here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here is a link to YouTube. In the video listen closely. A noise from the front end. And the rear end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts