Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know this topic has been beat in the ground, but has anyone changed from a 14" body to an 18" body because it was too loud? I'm tryign to decide which magnaflow I want and it's coming down to the 5x8x14 or the 5x8x18. Any input would be helpful!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
if you want loud go with 14', because that resonates alot in the cab, Ive had it, and 18' sounds perfect, at least for me

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dropitmore said:
if you want loud go with 14', because that resonates alot in the cab, Ive had it, and 18' sounds perfect, at least for me
awsome. Got a sound clip?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, if you go by volume, the 5x8x18 (not taking into consideration the volume of the tube on the inside of the muffler) would have approximately 720 cubic inches and the 4x9x18 would have approximately 648 cu inches. The more cu inches inside usually means the more "muffling" you'll get. Since I have custom pipe, mine's gonna be c/c

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I have stock pipe, which size muffler is best suited for that and don't we need to worry about back pressure? Also which style is our truck outer/center, outer/outer?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tacomaman said:
I have stock pipe, which size muffler is best suited for that and don't we need to worry about back pressure? Also which style is our truck outer/center, outer/outer?
2.25, c/o i do believe. Thanks for jacking my thread, noob.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
i love how it sounds, but i wanna have it dumped closer to the rear instead of before the axle. i'll post an outside of truck clip in a few.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts