Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh, the illusive S-Runner!
Two months ago I discovered its existence on Toyotas web page and spent several weeks pursuing it. Most had never heard of it and fewer had ever seen one. It was during this search for information that I happened upon this site. A couple of questions followed by knowledgeable, enthusiastic answers and ...
A brand new 2001 sets comfortably in my garage.
I'd like to keep it there.
The dealership was pushing an alarm system named "Warlock", priced at $469.00. Since I had already donated far more than I had originally intended to their sales team, I passed on this offer. I do however, see a need for an alarm system, especially living in the Sacramento area.
So, what is the consensus in this matter? Brand names? Effectiveness? Are the installations typically plugging into factory plugs and setting jumpers (as in most stereo installs) or would a "shops" professional touch and familiarity with their own equipment be the easiest and most cost effective way to go?
I would think that this would be an important topic to all of us.
It does no good to build something up if you're never sure it will be right where you left it.
Believe me, as the previous owner of a mint, Sunbeam Tiger ... I know this to be true.

D

·
0 Posts
Re: Alarms

Red:

You think the S-Runner is elusive now--try slappin' a supercharger on it! It'll become even more evasive.

I too had trouble getting one because all the factory Toyota sales people I spoke to were ignorant of its existence till I tipped 'em off.

As for keeping your SR in your garage, try:

www.powerlock.com

Rad

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Alarms

Hey Red, I went with the factory Toyota RS 3000 on mine. It cost me around $250, and everything just plugs into the Taco harness. Very easy to install. It's not as fancy as some alarms, but it'll lock & unlock your doors, disable starting, and honk the horns like hell if you set it off. It also uses an interior sensor for glass breakage, but can be set so that noisy Harleys don't trip it. I like mine. Oh, and congrats on the "S"...I agree with Rad on the blower; sure makes 'em fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts