Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2wd 97taco xtra cab i plan to bag. its going to be a daily driver and i wanna body drop it. so what do i need? 4 link reverse bolt on or weld on? what kind of air bag kits out there are good? and what else do i need. i need a whole list of what to buy to give the guy to do my set up. im a big newb to this but i have the money

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
Bars forward 4link if you are gonna daily driver it - the reverse bars act against all the forces of gravity, etc. Weld on, as bolt on does not exist. Move the stock fuel tank tothe bed or get afuel cell. Tunnel the cab for driveshaft clearance after the body drop.

List:

Step notch
4 Link
Bags (2500/2600)
Valves (i'd go 1/2 inch)
1/2 inch lines
Bag brackets
switchbox
2 dual needle and 1 single needle guages with 1/8th or 1/4 inch lines
Tank
Compressors
All fittings

Thats pretty much it.

good luck!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plan to leave the gass tank where it is, i have no money to shave it off. whats wrong with a reverse 4 link?

·
Registered
454 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
i plan to leave the gass tank where it is, i have no money to shave it off. whats wrong with a reverse 4 link?
Like them I think forward is definitly the proper setup, and if possible I recommend having it done if you have the money. But I've had a few daily drivers with a reverse 4-link and as long as its setup correctly then it should do just fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Daveowen said:
Bars forward 4link if you are gonna daily driver it - the reverse bars act against all the forces of gravity, etc. Weld on, as bolt on does not exist. Move the stock fuel tank tothe bed or get afuel cell. Tunnel the cab for driveshaft clearance after the body drop.

if he wants to daily drive it then i doubt he is willing to relocate the gas tank. the thing about "reverse bars working aganst the forces of gravity" is BS. if it was true most of the 4x4 trucks wouldnt use it for the front diff (F-250 , F-350, Dodge Ram, Jeep, etc.) they have reverse mainly for crearance but they wouldnt have it if it wasnt safe. so dont lisen to the guys that say reverse 4 links are dangerous, unsafe, and dont handle good are usualy full of $hit. the only down side is when you go over a speed bump the truck jerks forword slightly when your back wheels starting to role down the bump. its not very noticable if you go over it slow over it ( whith your probaly going to do any way) and have longe enough bars. if you want a bolt on kit go to Cando. they have a bolt on reverse cantalever kit that rides and handles good. the price isnt that much compared to the price a shop would charge you. he dosnt need to notch for diveshaft clearance because he has an ext cab that has a 2 pice shaft that wont swing up into the cab when airing down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
1997tacoma said:
if he wants to daily drive it then i doubt he is willing to relocate the gas tank. the thing about "reverse bars working aganst the forces of gravity" is BS. if it was true most of the 4x4 trucks wouldnt use it for the front diff (F-250 , F-350, Dodge Ram, Jeep, etc.) they have reverse mainly for crearance but they wouldnt have it if it wasnt safe. so dont lisen to the guys that say reverse 4 links are dangerous, unsafe, and dont handle good are usualy full of $hit. the only down side is when you go over a speed bump the truck jerks forword slightly when your back wheels starting to role down the bump. its not very noticable if you go over it slow over it ( whith your probaly going to do any way) and have longe enough bars. if you want a bolt on kit go to Cando. they have a bolt on reverse cantalever kit that rides and handles good. the price isnt that much compared to the price a shop would charge you. he dosnt need to notch for diveshaft clearance because he has an ext cab that has a 2 pice shaft that wont swing up into the cab when airing down.

wernt you just asking all kinds of questions on bagging in another thread? now your a professional?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
if everything is setup right a reverse 4-link will work! no questions asked. there are to many guys out there who have had reverse 4-links and have had no problems with them. it has been proven in many different cases that if it is setup right it will work just fine on a daily driver! but i agree that if it is not setup right it will not work! i have been to many out of state shows on my CanDo reverse 4-link, and i love it! the ride is great!

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
1997tacoma said:
Buddy, you dont know what you are talking about. With bars reverse, when acceclerating the wheels want to lift off the ground, instead of planting for traction. Its not as safe, so if he wants a long term daily driver, move the tank and do a bars forward. Not to mention if he lays out on a rock or something he can puncture the tank. Im not saying bars reverse is a bad setup, because it works, just not as well as bars forward.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts