Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just installed my new 95-97 4WD chrome bumper and 95-97 2WD valance combo. then i noticed that the valance doesnt set right bolted on the bumper. it was a lil off, but very noticeable when its painted. well i bought the bumper for 45 and 14 for the valance. theyre both aftermarket. compared to the OEM ones from the dealer about 200 each. but im guesssing the fit would be perfect and the quality is a lot better.

what do you guys think? return the aftermarket parts and save up some money and buy some quality OEM parts for around 400-450? this is my first vehicle where i had to use aftermarket parts and they suk a.ss.

...you get what you pay for..:doah:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
What about a 'middle road' approach - used OEM parts at less than full / new retail??.... :thinking:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
sometimes aftermarkets fit good, sometimes they dont. u can try returning them see if the new ones fit better, if not...buy used oem like enola said.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its hard to look for some OEM used parts in good condition, especially if its chrome. :brickknoc ..maybe i can finda a valance at the junkyards thisweekend

·
Registered
854 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question but, isn't the 4wd bumper a little bit wider and have a slight different curve then the 2wd valance?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
where did you buy the aftermarket body parts from? i would never buy it from certifit. only place in sd id buy aftermarket parts from is quality auto parts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toylowta said:
Maybe this is a dumb question but, isn't the 4wd bumper a little bit wider and have a slight different curve then the 2wd valance?
yea its a slight off on the curves, but with the aftermarket parts i bought it was very noticeable and you can see a gap between the valance and bumper. i also noticed that the holes are way off in the side corners. i had to drill some holes but the valance began to bend and warp.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kevinthefawker said:
where did you buy the aftermarket body parts from? i would never buy it from certifit. only place in sd id buy aftermarket parts from is quality auto parts
wheres that place located at? and are they capa certified? the parts i ordered from was National Auto Parts over at Otay Mesa Rd. down south. i was wondering why the parts were so cheap. chrome bumper for 45 and 13 for the valance.

i just PMed tacofel who originally did this mod and he said his front end was OEM and they fit perfect. i guess im just gonna go out and buy me some OEM parts from the dealer, or look for a really good aftermarket place:runaway:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vtechthis said:
i thought so. so doesnt that right there tell you where your fittment issue is coming from?
i have 4wd fenders up already, its not the fitment of the bumper to my fenders, its the 4wd bumper and 2wd valance combo that im having trouble with. specifically with aftermarket parts :selfbonk:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
i have 4wd fenders up already, its not the fitment of the bumper to my fenders, its the 4wd bumper and 2wd valance combo that im having trouble with. specifically with aftermarket parts :selfbonk:
i know this:brickknoc but the 2wd valance is narrower then the 4wd bumper if i remember not by much but i think it is. so it woudl screw the fitment all up.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
It's not going to...duh.

For one, 90% of the time aftermarket body parts suck ass and never fit right, that's one of your problems. 2. You can get the 2wd valence to fit the 4x4 bumper, but it requires alot of work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ChrisTaco said:
It's not going to...duh.

For one, 90% of the time aftermarket body parts suck ass and never fit right, that's one of your problems. 2. You can get the 2wd valence to fit the 4x4 bumper, but it requires alot of work.
no sh.it sherlock. and it doesn't take a lot of work, all it needs is some drilling new holes to fit it right. i asked "tacofel" who did this mod and said the OEM parts fit just right with no drilling what so ever

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
noelsmykuya said:
wheres that place located at? and are they capa certified? the parts i ordered from was National Auto Parts over at Otay Mesa Rd. down south. i was wondering why the parts were so cheap. chrome bumper for 45 and 13 for the valance.

i just PMed tacofel who originally did this mod and he said his front end was OEM and they fit perfect. i guess im just gonna go out and buy me some OEM parts from the dealer, or look for a really good aftermarket place:runaway:
http://www.qualityplusauto.com/ best prices for parts. use your shop name to get the wholesale price. this is the only shop i buy my aftermarket bodyparts to rebuild cars from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts