Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the comment about a ticket for window tint in Airzona, it made me quite mad and re-fired a hatred of cops who pull people over for stupid crap! Is it just my experiences or have all you others been dicked with by cops for "Aftermarket Exhuast" or getting pulled over because your altezzas "Need more red Reflection"? What has been your worst time with and a-hole cop who pulled you over for stupid crap because he/she had nothing else to do!?

·
Registered
181 Posts
No, $hit! I hate that. I've been pulled over for tint and I had to remove my tint on my driver and psger doors to get it dismissed. bunch of bull if u ask me. Don't they have anything better to do?!?!

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Got a fix-it ticket for my Flowmaster. The cop that inspected it happened to know a little more, not to mention thought Flowmaster was a good company, and signed off the ticket. No fine

·
Registered
210 Posts
do you really want me to list all of the mods I have been cited for??? OK....you asked for it:

1.Frame height (needs to be 27" from ground to bottom of frame, mine is 33")
2.Headlight height (needs to be 54", from the ground to the middle of the head light, mine's 55")
3.Mudflaps (on all 4 corners!)
4.Tinted Windows
5.Exhaust pipe to high ( I've never even heard of this...)
6.Rear offroad lights
7.Having blue bulbs front and back
8.Having clear taillights (altezza's!)

Pretty rediculous, but it's all been taken care of and now is street legal....well kinda! hehe I don't drive around with the mudflaps and my frame is still too high, but shhhhh don't tell anyone!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
i had this dumbass cop pull me over for noise pollution. i was at a corner with my stereo up (i have to mention i have no bass at all and just highs) so he pulls me and im like uhhh what did i do? so he's like your music was too loud, i was like what? how i only have highs and the guy behind me was BASSing and drowning out my music anyways. he proceded to belittle me and show me how far it was that he heard me from. (treating me like a dumbass) at that same time a car rolled by and was bassing so loud that shitt was rattling. i was like "why don't you go arrest him or something, mine wasnt loud" well the good thing was when i went to court i found out that about 3/4 of the people in there were because of noise pollution just like me and the judge dissmissed all of our cases and told the officer to never waste our time and the court's time with these bogus tickets. hahahaha screw you cop!!!

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
CA is pretty harsh on modified vehicles, but SEMA has been fighting like a mofo to change that.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
i've gotton a few for no front license plate, and recently the one that really got me mad was for modified exhaust. that cop was so patronizing..didn't believe the car was mine, and made stupid vroom vroom noises at me when he was explaining what modified exhaust was...just because i didn't hear what he said, so i said what? and he goes..u know the thing that makes your car go vroom vroom. ugh! i said, u mean my muffler???!!! stupid cops :-/ i gotta go to court tuesday to fight that one.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is really cool you got that cop roasted by a judge! Yeah, the sound violation crap is big here as well as exhuast. They have cops that will walk down the street with a decible reader and claim that all the noise it picked up came from your truck if you get a sound ticket. Also, they have ghey bike cops who will pull you over for having a "modified exhuast" and other crap.

·
Registered
210 Posts
oh yeah thanks for reminding me...I got a ticket for the no front license plate too! All the tickets that I get are fix it tickets and once they are signed off all I have to pay is $10. So I really don't care anymore...I just sit there and be polite and hope he just gives me something small. Like a license plate ticket or something easy!

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TacoGurl, Good luck on fighting your ticket! Any ticket you can get out of is a point for our team! LOL

·
Registered
751 Posts
i got ticket for window tint. so i have to take my tint off, and start looking for a cop to sign -off my ticket found one by 7-11 eating and i ask him to sign-off my ticket, he just asked me did you took the tint off and i said yes sir. then signed. man he didn't even look or check my truck. lazy police officer.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Actually I just went to court this morning. 1 for show cause hearing for a speeding ticket 17 months ago (dismissed) 2 for no front plate (took a picture, dismissed) and 3 modified vehicle lights (red lights in my corners had em for months no cops bothered me, couldn't get it dismissed so plead guilty, 80 buck fine) oh well, at least I wasn't guilty for all of em.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

TacoGurl, Good luck on fighting your ticket! Any ticket you can get out of is a point for our team! LOL

<hr></blockquote>

thanks
i'm trying to find info on the net about the laws, but not sure where to go?? how can i prove that my muffler was legal? it was a apexi dunk universal muffler on my prelude. anybody know?

·
7,559 Posts
No license plate, lights, sound all stupi complaints. I'm not a cop, but I can see the logic in the tint violations. With all the lunatics, at least in CA, that carry guns I wouldn't want to be a cop who pulls someone over at night and can't see what's going on in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is a good point about the tint and all. I would suppose being cop in one of those areas such as LA or San Diego has a constant fear of that. I am not familiar with that area but I would suppose as with any cop, they are on that power trip and want to know what's going on with a vehicle when they suspect something is up. So, it could go either way I guess.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts