Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did the "ball joint flip" and had the wheel alignment done. I was wondering, whoever has done this, did you have wheel rub after? If you did what did you do about it? Mine isn't major, just on harder cornering, or u-turns, these is a little rub on that plastic sh!t(I think its plastic) inside the fender. Mine is a 95' if that helps.

· Registered
771 Posts
A couple things you can do ,bang the inner fenders in , put a round spacer between the spring and the upper perch ,1/4 inch will get you about 1/2 inch at the wheel. Stiffer springs .RE suspention makes spring rubbers that will increase your spring rate 75 lbs.Get real stiff shocks, better anti sway bars or thicker ones .I did all those things and have yet to hit even when the bridge is out and boss hog is on my ass.

· Registered
9,330 Posts
You don't have to remove your liners...trim them with an x-acto, around the plastic plugs that attatch them to the metal. Then get some good gas shocks.I haven't got the shocks yet, I still get a scrub on some bumps. Trimming made a huge difference.

· Registered
5,439 Posts
I took my liners out and still rub a little on the inner part of the wheel well when going over big dips in the road to where all the force is on one side of the truck.
I don't rub at all when going over dips when my truck is level.

· Registered
2 Posts
ive had a load of problems with my djm flip kit. the tires rum like a mofo, the djm shocks the recomend have blown and the rubber bushing at the bottom of the shock has shimmied away from the shick on both lower controll arms. and i have a crazy shock angle that hits the spring.

· Team Canada
5,186 Posts
I had this issue as well. At the time i was running 235/55/17's - These are HUGE tires. I took out the liner and hit in the inner fender with a hammer (it works fairly well). This fixed alot of the rubbing. Next was getting low profile tires, 225/45/17's, this make a huge difference. Next was cutting out the intire inner fender so my truck could lay out on bags!

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.