Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these a good brand for rims?...i saw some rims i like made by them and was just wondering..any of you guys riding on them?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,680 Posts
Re: adr design rims??

ADR rims are often mentioned as something people are considering. Over the years srunnerguy, greenmeanie, and a few others have posted ADR's they're thinking of buying. But the only CT-zen I know of who actually claimed to be running ADR's was JimboysTaco back in 2002:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6852

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts

I bought some ADR RS Limited Ricochet wheels for my wife's car. They have proven to be very soft metal when combined with 45 series tires. :shrug: The finish has held up nicely, but one of the wheels has bent in several places, one severe crease was put on the lip by the boneheads at Discount Tire when rotating the tires. Crimped it right near the valve stem. :cussing:

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts

Enola Gaia said:
ADR rims are often mentioned as something people are considering. Over the years srunnerguy, greenmeanie, and a few others have posted ADR's they're thinking of buying. But the only CT-zen I know of who actually claimed to be running ADR's was JimboysTaco back in 2002:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6852
how do you remember this stuff?

·
Registered
401 Posts

I had some 18" ADR RSL Elites on my mazda 3 when I had it. They're ok for the price since you can pick them up dirt cheap off ebay but they're defenitely a lower end wheel, heavy and soft. I think some of the wheels they make are decent quality though. The MSport for example.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

i had a set of ADR sokudos' on my protege5 and then moved them to my taco. they held up for about 5 years and had a tad bit of clearcoat flaking and that was it. sold them to a guy and a week later he hit a pothole, bent the crap out of the wheel and havent heard from him since. i got mine from www.machiii.net good prices and service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts