Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been covered, but i'm the latest in the line of dashes falling apart:mad:

i last month i found my dash starting to come apart after only 3 moths of ownership. the dash is seperating right at the seam between the two seperate lower gray pieces (right above the e-brake) and the top black dash.

i took it to the dealership, but couldnt drop it off, so i made an appointment for next tuesday. they said the fix was to remove the lower part and realign it.

oh well, i hope she gets fixed then and that issue doesn't come back.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got pics of this? I haven't had any issues with my dash.. well, that I know of. Maybe it's happening and I don't even know it :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonathan said:
i had that problem, the plastic clip stretches. they changes it to a metal clip now, its a 5 minute deal. no biggie :meemee:
i was under the impression that the 06 had metal clips... i guess i was wrong :confused:

pics:

·
Registered
229 Posts
hmm, havent had that problem yet either, but the ol' squeeky clutch is starting to haunt me. DAM!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my clutch is squeeky as hell, but only when the car has been sitting for a while and is hot on the inside (i.e. when the car is parked).

·
Registered
229 Posts
lucke said:
i was under the impression that the 06 had metal clips... i guess i was wrong :confused:

pics:

Have trouble hitting the key hole???:funnyup: lol j/k, my passenger side door hanlde has scratches from the wifeys nails:brickknoc

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
dude ive got marks all over the key hole too, and no i dont drink and drive, it's just damn near impossible to find when it's dark!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Xacto said:
dude ive got marks all over the key hole too, and no i dont drink and drive, it's just damn near impossible to find when it's dark!
i'll second that (as seen by the pics)

my 92 prelude had the illuminated ignition ring, i loved that thing :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
anyone do an ignition key mod yet? it seems possible

·
Registered
66 Posts
my 06 hasnt shown that side of the dash YET...but the other side, however, is falling apart...

·
Registered
222 Posts
lucke said:
my clutch is squeeky as hell, but only when the car has been sitting for a while and is hot on the inside (i.e. when the car is parked).
Hey i was wondering what toyota said about this prob??
cause thats happening to me too..=(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MsXrunner420 said:
Hey i was wondering what toyota said about this prob??
cause thats happening to me too..=(
don't know yet. i'm going to bring it up when i bring my car in for service on tue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts