Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I say neither do blocks. Shakles take away from load capacity and Add-a-leafs are heck to install. It mostly depends on how high of a lift you want to do.

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
ToyTec has the add a leafs made by ALCAN. I think you can still score a 10% discount if you mention that you're from CT or TTORA. I think a couple of guys are running a whole aftermarket leaf pack for lifts too. Might be another option, though it would cost more.

Tam

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
hazardtanature said:
I say neither do blocks. Shakles take away from load capacity and Add-a-leafs are heck to install. It mostly depends on how high of a lift you want to do.
wtf, i've never heard anyone recommend blocks before :looney:.

If you need load carrying capacity ---> AAL. (Stiffer ride)

If you want more flex -->Shackle. (Flatten out your springs)

·
Registered
82 Posts
steller199 said:
should i go with add a leafs or shakles....ive heard shakles make more sway...............whats the best?
if you don't haul a lot of heavy stuff or tow a trailer, go with shackles for better ride quality.... never heard of or experienced them causing sway. depending on how much lift your want, you could go with both aal's & shackles.:waytogo:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Leafs for sure. Like it was stated before if you can turn a wrench you can add-a-leaf. Keep your load capacity and the more reliable option.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
rmcclean12 said:
Leafs for sure. Like it was stated before if you can turn a wrench you can add-a-leaf. Keep your load capacity and the more reliable option.
realiable than what? blocks? definately....more reliable than shackles? I don't think so.....I've heard of AAL's breaking...never heard of a shackle breaking.....not saying it can't happen......

bottom line- there's advantages and disadvantages of each.....go with what works best for your truck and how you plan on using it

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Dragincrosmember said:
Does any one make shackles for the 05+ or do the old ones carry over to the new model?
No and No....reason is because the shackle setup on the 05+ is different than the previous years....a longer shackle on a 05+ would actually lower the truck, not lift it.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
hazardtanature said:
I say neither do blocks.
:funnyup: :looney: :funnyup: :looney: :funnyup: :looney: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts