Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for the Kits but I am do not know which kit(s) and switches would be the best to install in my truck. Also, where would I have them installed.

I have a 2005 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 regular cab.

Thanks

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,563 Posts
First - Welcome to CT!...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,563 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,563 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,563 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I gather I would have to replace the ARM rests to install the switches in them, correct? Otherwise I would install them in the open switches on the left side of the steering wheel?

Hmm..

Joey

·
Registered
196 Posts
I put the switch where the crank was covering the hole. It is a quality piece and works really well! The wiring kit is complete and just needs to be shortened for our use.

A1 is the best. By the way the installation instructions show then spraying the switch covers. My paint shop laughed uncontrollably when I wanted paint to match the Oak interior. I tried several other places that sold DuPont and PPG. Nobody makes a paint to match. A hobby shop had what I needed.

·
Youngest Member
355 Posts
welcome, welcome. I am very familiar with the tacoma power door(locks/mirrors/windows) setup as I upgraded all manual equipment to the factory power switches. first off, I don't think the A1 package will work for 05s. i wouldn't be suprised if the mounting bolts for the window motor on the 05s are different from previous years just because the 05 seems so cosmetically different, but I am not 100% sure. I'd e-mail A1 to be sure. another option you have it to buy 05 power doors on ebay or at a dealership, the only problem is that your main wiring harness is not made for the power doors so you'll have to rig up your own wiring diagram and use a lot of electrical circutry logic, if you decide to go that way I'd be happy to help. your last option would be to buy everything barebones, buy just the power lock silenoids and the power window motors from the dealership or ebay and rig up your own switches whereever you want, you'd still have to do a lot of wiring, but it would work fine. that's the cheapest way that I'm sure would work for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 05 Regular cab base model, and I had the same problem. If you go onto ebay, they have the power lockkit for like $50, you just have to install it yourself. Im doing the same thing to my truck in about 3 weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts