Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've been trying to make sense of the wiring diagram Zip posted 2 years ago. If the A/C switch lamp is lighting up the circuit's getting power, and the A/C Amplifier (the controller) should be getting power. If the A/C Amplifier is faulty that might explain everything.
Right now I have the system under vaccuum. I had the vacuum pump on it for 30 minutes and then closed the valves. The system has held at 30 inHg without change, so I am looking into electrical now. I am going to try to charge the system with the pressure switch jumped to see what happens. Where is the amplifier?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,017 Posts
Here's an illustration of the parts from the 1995.5 FSM. The A/C Amplifier is a little gizmo mounted on the side of the cooling unit.

Font Rectangle Line Parallel Technology

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,017 Posts
Here (attached) is the A/C Amplifier test procedure from the same ('95.5) FSM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Enola, thank you for your help with this. It turned out that my amplifier was bad, but in the interest of making sure I don't do this again for a long time, I got an OEM amplifier, thermistor, and a pressure switch and popped them in. Once I charged the system, the compressor fired right up and the AC is working once more!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
All three of these have been replaced with new ones. From left to right: circuit board is the amplifier, sensor looking thing is the pressure switch, and the long grey wire is the thermistor.

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,017 Posts
Glad to learn you've finally tracked down and resolved the problem!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts