Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

95.5-2004 rear diff with Traction bar included ($250 firm) San Diego area

1407 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Speed Freek
For less than a pair of traction bars you can have the whole rear end, need to get it out of here.

I have a 7.5 rear from a 98 2wd extra cab, nothing wrong with it, I just upgraded to a V6 rear end.

No brake parts, you will need to swap yours. Always used synthetic oil, works perfectly.

A small pair of tabs will need to be welded on to your crossmember to use the traction bar ir it can simply be removed if you dont want to use it. I can do it if you want it done for a couple of bucks.

Thanks for looking guys. :D

See less See more
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
For less than a pair of traction bars you can have the whole rear end, need to get it out of here.

I have a 7.5 rear from a 98 2wd extra cab, nothing wrong with it, I just upgraded to a V6 rear end.

No brake parts, you will need to swap yours. Always used synthetic oil, works perfectly.

A small pair of tabs will need to be welded on to your crossmember to use the traction bar ir it can simply be removed if you dont want to use it. I can do it if you want it done for a couple of bucks.

Thanks for looking guys. :D

Damn you jason, you need to not be in SD, essentiailly killing this deal for me :runaway:.
did u have to modify the new v6 rear end to your truck couze i wanted to upgrade it to mine. my truck is a 97 tacoma 2wd and i wanted to swap a v6 trd with e locker on it but i dont know what i have to do it
did u have to modify the new v6 rear end to your truck couze i wanted to upgrade it to mine. my truck is a 97 tacoma 2wd and i wanted to swap a v6 trd with e locker on it but i dont know what i have to do it
No mods, bolts straight up.
Damn you jason, you need to not be in SD, essentiailly killing this deal for me :runaway:.

Road trip? Time for a Vacation to SD...:D, You can stay in my Motorhome for a couple of days if you want...
the rear end did u put on it was it a 8" rear end
the rear end did u put on it was it a 8" rear end
From a V6 Taco, yes.
Thats a 4wd rear end, he used a 2wd 8" rear end. Different bolt pattern.
Thats a 4wd rear end, he used a 2wd 8" rear end. Different bolt pattern.

Ahaa, read it too fast....5 lug vs. 6 lug......;)
Bump, always used synthetic oil in it, works perfectly, has absolutely no problems, I only changed it for an upgrade.

Cheaper than traction bars guys, C'mon, need to move this thing, tired of looking at it.

I need money for Pistons and Rods...help!
Gear ratio is 3.42:1 from a manual transmission 2RZ equipped Extra cab.

I swapped it because I am going to run 25psi with slicks by the summer and I wasnt so sure that the 7.5 could handle it, but Ochizon is launching with slicks and a locker on a 7.5 with upgraded axles, so I guess I really didnt need an upgrade, but oh well too late now already did it. :shrug:

Lemme know, If you needed someone to install it and weld on some tabs for the traction bar that can be arranged as well.
Saturday bumpidy, anyone?
Has new outer seals and 120K total miles on the assembly.

A URD bar like this costs over $400 alone, great deal for someone....
OK still got it, bump because it is raining....:shrug:
Speed - I have a 04 Tacoma Prerunner - I am looking for a diff with a higher gear set than my E-locker with 4.10's... Was looking for something like this - what is needed for this to fit my truck ?
Speed - I have a 04 Tacoma Prerunner - I am looking for a diff with a higher gear set than my E-locker with 4.10's... Was looking for something like this - what is needed for this to fit my truck ?
For one, the leaf spring perches are on the wrong side (Bottom), you need them on to unless you want to lower your truck in the rear.

Unfortunately it wont work without modification (cutting and rewelding the spring perches), and it is not quite as beefy either since it is a 7.5" ring gear, yours is over 8".

My diff is also a 5 lug not a 6 lug which yours is...

Sorry. Wish it would fit, I want to get rid of this thing.
Wednesday bump, BTW I killed a gopher today just so you know, yay!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.