Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wanting to do the qa1 coilover conversion on my 03 single cab. I saw that Beefedtaco has the mounting plates. But I'm in need of actual part numbers to know which qa1 coilovers to get. I go to the site and they don't offer Toyota parts. So I'm unsure what ones I need. PLEASE HELP

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,728 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Almost positive its part number GS401, nothing comes up under Toyota because they are for a 67-69 camaro, the shock length is what counts.

P.S. be prepared to wait for your adapter plates. I've waited quite a while to say the least. Have my coils, no plates. :frown

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost positive its part number GS401, nothing comes up under Toyota because they are for a 67-69 camaro, the shock length is what counts.

P.S. be prepared to wait for your adapter plates. I've waited quite a while to say the least. Have my coils, no plates.
Are you waiting on them from BeefedTaco? (Brian)

·
Registered
32 Posts

P.S. be prepared to wait for your adapter plates. I've waited quite a while to say the least. Have my coils, no plates. :frown
Believe Streetaco/beefed taco is the only one that offers them, and yes. Do not plan on having them for atleast a few months, he is horrifically slow. I'm dealing with him now trying to get parts that should have shipped out 2-3 weeks ago.. bunch of excuses and bull crap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes

Believe Streetaco/beefed taco is the only one that offers them, and yes. Do not plan on having them for atleast a few months, he is horrifically slow. I'm dealing with him now trying to get parts that should have shipped out 2-3 weeks ago.. bunch of excuses and bull crap.
I got my coils 3 months after payment, I'm on my 4th month waiting for my plates. Exactly, a bunch of excuses, the run around, telling me about his personal life to get me to sympathize with him. I feel for him, everyone has at home issues, but this is business. And time quoted on his site is a month, if he can't fulfill that he needs to make his customers aware prior. Told him I needed this truck done before my wedding, doesn't look like thats gonna happen...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes

I got my coils 3 months after payment, I'm on my 4th month waiting for my plates. Exactly, a bunch of excuses, the run around, telling me about his personal life to get me to sympathize with him. I feel for him, everyone has at home issues, but this is business. And time quoted on his site is a month, if he can't fulfill that he needs to make his customers aware prior. Told him I needed this truck done before my wedding, doesn't look like thats gonna happen...

It sounds like someone else needs to start making and distributing them.. There's a good market for them. I see people wanting to do the qa1 conversion all over the place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It sounds like someone else needs to start making and distributing them.. There's a good market for them. I see people wanting to do the qa1 conversion all over the place.

Anyone willing to venture out a little bit, get with Bobby martins, better known as the owner/operator of sadistic iron works in california
he is known for doing practically all of the "tech section" write-ups for toyota and few other vehicles that were in minitruckin' magazine along with sport trucks, and truckin'
He was building and designing stuff for toyota in general when everyone else was standing still trying to figure out IF it could be done.. he is toyota guru, and a hell of a fabricator.

Just a thought

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exactly is it that Beefedtaco makes to make it where you can just bolt in the qa1? A mounting plate? Acts as a spacer or what?

·
Registered
29 Posts
What exactly is it that Beefedtaco makes to make it where you can just bolt in the qa1? A mounting plate? Acts as a spacer or what?
Mounting plate is a 1/4in piece of steel to help support the weight of the vehicle. Before you chop up your LCA the spring seat is enforced enough to support the truck. After you chop it all that weight is being supported by 2 bolt holes practically. Or so I'm told.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its merely a reinforcement plate with holes for the shock bolts to mount through. Take your lower control arms off, cut off the spring perch and have a machine shop cut you out a plate from 3/16 steel. Beefed does great work, but plan on getting his parts around the same time everyone in the world is driving teslas.

·
Registered
730 Posts
SDYota makes these plates.

check out his IG; @sdyota.

you're welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QA-1 shocks were in my 2001 and I had a lot of problems with the seals leaking ,I had them for about 3 years and they were rebuilt by QA- 2 times and another shock company out of jersey 2 times as well -I threw them out after spending lots of wasted money. They are more for short driven hot rods than a daily driver .

·
Registered
2 Posts
QA-1 shocks were in my 2001 and I had a lot of problems with the seals leaking ,I had them for about 3 years and they were rebuilt by QA- 2 times and another shock company out of jersey 2 times as well -I threw them out after spending lots of wasted money. They are more for short driven hot rods than a daily driver .
cornfarm,
Sorry to say you cannot have any “Side Load” on the shock! It needs to be centered otherwise you put excessive wear on the seals. I’m betting the front shocks had side load on them. It’s very common issue when side loads are put on an aluminum body shock and you are correct they are not a 100,000 mile shock.
I sure would like to see how these are mounted! Anyone have photos of these mounts you wait years for? I had mounts made for 2nd. Gens. Everyone was all hot to buy them until I had them made then I ended up losing a boat load because I paid the fabricator in advance. And I got hung out to dry. So I now refuse to have anything fabricated‼ Fabricators are funny they like to be paid.
Hay

·
Registered
422 Posts
cornfarm,
Sorry to say you cannot have any “Side Load” on the shock! It needs to be centered otherwise you put excessive wear on the seals. I’m betting the front shocks had side load on them. It’s very common issue when side loads are put on an aluminum body shock and you are correct they are not a 100,000 mile shock.
I sure would like to see how these are mounted! Anyone have photos of these mounts you wait years for? I had mounts made for 2nd. Gens. Everyone was all hot to buy them until I had them made then I ended up losing a boat load because I paid the fabricator in advance. And I got hung out to dry. So I now refuse to have anything fabricated‼ Fabricators are funny they like to be paid.
Hay
mjbfab on Instagram makes these qa1 coil over conversion plates

·
Low & Slow
4,298 Posts
cornfarm,
Hay

The shocks mount just like stock, stock geometry no "side load". I've had mine in my truck over 10 years with no leaks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts