Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what header is best for my 95 tacoma 2rz 2wd?
I've heard and read in the forums about Lc Engineering and Doug Thorleys.
What header produces most performance and also does the headers
hook up to the stock exhaust?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
My LCE one did.... I love it. About the best... custom! But no all of us can spend that much. Betweeen the DT and LCE, I think they are very much in the same hp range... you prob. wont feel any diff. in horsepower. Do a search, there should be some stuff.... rather too much stuff on this issue.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
you prob. wont feel any diff. in horsepower.
I beg to differ.
My Doug Thorley header pulls like a mother from midrange-up.
Lets just say my "butt dyno" tells me it helps. for suree.
Go with Thorley. they give great deals to CT members give em a call. Get one ceramic coated..

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how much cheaper do the Doug Thorleys run for compared to the Lc headers? From experience does one have performance differences?
Does one have more low end and high end? Just wondering want to get the most bang for the buck.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Then attach this to it...their brand new and bolt right on. PM me for details...:waytogo:

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
So how much cheaper do the Doug Thorleys run for compared to the Lc headers? From experience does one have performance differences?
Does one have more low end and high end? Just wondering want to get the most bang for the buck.

Thanks
I think they are about the same or the DT are more expensive, at least when i saw the price it was like 100 more than the DT. Not sure contact Johnathon; he has a red X on his avatar. Best bang for the buck? Buy the cheaper one... you wont get much more power from one than the other. :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does Nick have a number or email to reach him at???:shrug:

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Wow... go with the thorley... just checked the lce prices and they are high! 358.xx + shipping.... I'm sure you can get the thorley for about 360 shipped...:waytogo:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah... I know but if its running for about the same price I think I am going to go with the LC headers. I've never been disappointed with any products from LC Engineering. Thanks though for the input I thought that they would be way cheaper than the Dougs.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Call thorley I bet they can work you a WAY better deal than the list price.
LOL they stole my youtube exhaust clip vid. hahhahaha.
does give you the sound of the header tho.. i love that thing. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
The DT is a tri-Y and the LCE is a 4-1, if I'm not mistaken. Tri-Ys are better for mid range & street use & 4wheelin', the 4-1 are better for top end.

I have a 3 DT's, 1 in my 4x4 and my 2 celica's. And an LCE big tube in my race car.:evil: The 4x4 is a low end- mid range torquey bastard. The celicas are mid range and up growlers. The race car lives at 4200-7300+ so

Both are good headers, just depends on what you want from it.

Both are way better then the stock setup, both will perform well. It's a choice you'll have to make and how you intend to use it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone one know whether LC or DT headers have any major performance differences. I know LC is for top end and DT are for the low end ranges of power. But, just wondering which gives the best performance for the buck.
I'm going to get one this week and just wanted to see what your thoughts are. I am going to get the ceramic coated for either brand. :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts