Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at adding to the height of my tacoma. Looking to get like 6 more inches. Wondering if you could stack some lifts together to make this happen. I was thinking 6" fabtech to start, then buy a lift solely for the front that comes with a 3 inch taller strut and a new upper control arm. For the rear I was thinking the 3 inch add-a-leaf, a 3" block, and 3" lift shackles. Think this is a possible mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
372 Posts
If its a 1st generation it can only be lifted 6" max. The other years can get as high as 12" kits. I personally run a 6' fabtech with a 3" body lift also. And i can fit 40" tires no problem but i like running my 37"x12.50x"20 tires. I wish we could get a nice kit that would flex\articulate a ton more and not be so rigid.

·
Registered
471 Posts
there's no such thing as a 3inch add-a-leaf...i think if you got 3 inch lift shackles on top of what come son the fabtech lift, you would have issues. Fabtech+body lift is the only thing i see possible for 9 inches of lift. Problem with articulation: 4wd IFS sucks for articulation, and the front sway bar limits you A LOT..take that off then you'll see some articulation, still not alot though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts