Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will actually be 3" farther towards the passenger side.:waytogo: If it will not fit there with the turbo in there then I will have to front mount it. It is going to be close though. Here is 2 pics to give an idea of where it will be mounted.:evil: Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice! If your turbo is going to be in the same place as mine is, it's going to be a tight fit. Don't forget you also need to find room for the intake and air filter! - You get your manifolds back yet?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
space says the turbo has to be on the passenger side, duh...:doah:

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
well it is a cool idea but just don't think the fitment and the placement of other items will allow it over there.. front bumper or the there has to be room some place

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Yeah looking at it again- i'm thinking running the ic in the front that way you have more room... otherwise I doubt it'd fit!

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
i think that is your best option. but I think there is space if you relocate your windshield washer tank then you can put it over there

·
cold eh
3,804 Posts
WHAT HAPPENED said:
Man that looks tighter than a 2 year old, it wont fit your going to have to go to the front and mount it there.
:looney:

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's tigher over there - plus the main fuse box, 4WD relays, EGR canister etc. are all over there and could get fried pretty easily from the heat of the turbo - Also, the stock exhaust location runs down the passenger side and is easier and more efficent to connect the downpipe directly instead of going over the tranny with a smaller diameter pipe.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greedy: Do not have the turbo mani yet. :( I should have everything soon though! :clapping: And yes it will be a very tight fit if it will even work at all.:shrug: But if it works out it will be awesome because I will be able to put a huge arse heat exchanger up front! The setup will also have a 15-20gpm pump and an approx 2 gallon water resvior!:D If you guys hav'nt guessed yet I am shooting for over 100% intercooler efficiency! :evil:

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
trdtoy said:
Greedy: Do not have the turbo mani yet. :( I should have everything soon though! :clapping: And yes it will be a very tight fit if it will even work at all.:shrug: But if it works out it will be awesome because I will be able to put a huge arse heat exchanger up front! The setup will also have a 15-20gpm pump and an approx 2 gallon water resvior!:D If you guys hav'nt guessed yet I am shooting for over 100% intercooler efficiency! :evil:
um, do you understand how much 20gpm is? you will not be able to flow that much. thats a damn small fire hose. you are going to have to run a 2" hose to get all that water moving. im only running about 6 right now, and thats with two killer bosch water pumps, and its already hard to flow that much. imagine a kitchen sink.........2 gpm.....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most guys with an i/c about the size of yours or smaller are flowing in the 6-8gpm range. My i/c is 2x yours so I should need 2x the water flow for the size difference. That means that I needed a pump that flows somewhere in the 12-16gpm range. Just my way of thinking. Is this not correct? :shrug: My pump is rated at 15gpm, just checked. I will downsize my pump if need be but I want the system to be as efficient as possible. :evil:

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
trdtoy said:
Most guys with an i/c about the size of yours or smaller are flowing in the 6-8gpm range. My i/c is 2x yours so I should need 2x the water flow for the size difference. That means that I needed a pump that flows somewhere in the 12-16gpm range. Just my way of thinking. Is this not correct? :shrug: My pump is rated at 15gpm, just checked. I will downsize my pump if need be but I want the system to be as efficient as possible. :evil:
its not the size of your intercooler, its the size of your fittings........its also not how hard you can push the water through, you want there to be enough time to transfer heat. im sure it wont hurt anything, give it a try!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fittings are 3/4" and they don't seem to have any problems flowing the water volume that I can tell. I will admit though that the water is not wasntin any time goin in/out the fittings! :lol: I could drill and tap the i/c for about a 1" fitting but don't know really if it would be worth it or not? :shrug: I may just try what I got for now and upgrade the fitting size in the future if I run into any issues. :waytogo:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Greedy said:
It's tigher over there - plus the main fuse box, 4WD relays, EGR canister etc. are all over there and could get fried pretty easily from the heat of the turbo - Also, the stock exhaust location runs down the passenger side and is easier and more efficent to connect the downpipe directly instead of going over the tranny with a smaller diameter pipe.
How about the Brake booster, the steering linkage, power steering lines!? those are the biggest issues...

and TRDTOY- explain how you get over 100% efficiency on an intercooler?? explain that to me...

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
How hot of a day are we talking about Rabbi?
because I don't know of too many races in the mojave!:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts