Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did 01-04 Prerunners come in 5 spd manual? According to the online brochure, 01 came in 5 spd, but no more for 02-04.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Tim_F said:
The only way to get a 5 speed in a 95.5 to 04 is to get your truck with 4WD. All prerunners and double cabs came with an auto. With the 05+ you can get a 5 or 6 speed manual with all models.
and/or get a S-runner and raise it..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now, how about the 01-04 non-pre xtra cabs, did they come in 5 spd? are they only available in V6?

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Tim_F said:
Hell it took me about 2 months to find my 4x4 V6 5 speed with the TRD.
wow....every dealership I went to had at least 2-3 when I went shopping for mine....

in the mini's (5-lug) you could get the 5spd with the 2.4 or v6 (S-runner)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
snwbdr said:
wow....every dealership I went to had at least 2-3 when I went shopping for mine....

in the mini's (5-lug) you could get the 5spd with the 2.4 or v6 (S-runner)
well I bought mine used and bought it when the 05's came out. I went to a few dealerships around me and non had anything close to what I wanted. It worked out cause I got mine through a friend of a friend and got a good price. :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Tim_F said:
well I bought mine used and bought it when the 05's came out. I went to a few dealerships around me and non had anything close to what I wanted. It worked out cause I got mine through a friend of a friend and got a good price. :waytogo:
yeah that probably explains it.....every dealership was trying to dump off one of their bare-bone 4 cyl prerunners on me....even though I specifically said I wanted 4wd, 5spd, and power everything......

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oh yeah I would go there and ask what they had for used 4x4's and none had a freaking 5 speed! I acutally bought my truck at a acura dealership, wierd I know but I got great financing great service and the truck was woman owned and in perfect condition. not like it is now....

Hell I wanted to test drive a new 6 speed, I walked around with the sales person for close to an hour trying to find a 4x4 TRD dub cab with a 6 speed. The I looked at the 30K plus price tag and almost sh!t!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts