Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at doing a mild lift on the front only of my Tacoma. Would like 1.5 - 2 inches of actual lift (to level it with the rear). Could we essentially do the reverse of a ball joint flip to lower it? If we had some spacers made and used grade 8 hardware, the ball joints could be moved further down instead of on top of the control arms. It would be pretty much the same as a spindle lift. I'll attach a pic to show where I'm talking about putting spacers. Any input?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,775 Posts
Interesting question ... Offhand, I don't recall anyone leveling their 1995.5 - 2004 Taco by raising the front rather than lowering the rear.

I'm not sure how inserting spacers at the top and bottom might affect your handling or ride. My first guess would be that the front end would get stiffer.

I've got no clue as to how it might affect your alignment or tracking.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting question ... Offhand, I don't recall anyone leveling their 1995.5 - 2004 Taco by raising the front rather than lowering the rear.

I'm not sure how inserting spacers at the top and bottom might affect your handling or ride. My first guess would be that the front end would get stiffer.

I've got no clue as to how it might affect your alignment or tracking.
I've actually got a set of v6 coils and the daystar coil spacers in going to be putting on my 2002 4cyl ext cab. I'll be sure to get before and after pics.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,775 Posts
Hmmmmm ... Five-lug V6 springs should make a difference, but I don't know how much lift you might get from them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmmm ... Five-lug V5 springs should make a difference, but I don't know how much lift you might get from them.
I saw a post that someone said they got 1 inch from the v6 coils and 3/4 inch from the spacers. That should put me just about level with my rear end. They also ended up doing the 3 inch spindles on top of that. I'm not looking to go big. Just level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts