Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new on here and new to trucks in general. Just got a 98 Tacoma reg cab 2wd 5 lug manual. Truck came with 16s... 225 60 R16 highway tires. It's my daily driver but I also want occasional light dry offroad fun and to be able to take it on camping trips. Wanted to know if I can stay at regular height (no lift) and fit these rims

Pro Comp Steel 15x7
(Part Number) PCW52-5765

with these tires
General Grabber AT2
215 70 R15

I've looked at tire calculators and there should only be about 1 inch overall difference in the tires and speedo reading difference should be minimal.

I know the bolt pattern is good and I've called around but not sure about the backspace, offset, etc because I've read about caliper issues with certain wheels and things like that. Looking to get this set up online soon just making sure it'll fit to save me the hassle.

Thanks guys appreciate the help. :grin

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
Welcome to CT! :waytogo:

What's the centerbore on these wheels? Your 1998 5-lug uses a 67.1mm centerbore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to CT!

What's the centerbore on these wheels? Your 1998 5-lug uses a 67.1mm centerbore.
Here is some specs off of summit racing website

Product Line:pro Comp Xtreme Rock Crawler Series 52 Steel Black Wheels
Summit Racing Part Number:pCW-52-5765
UPC: 614901171853
Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3mm
5 x 4 1/2 in.
Wheel Diameter: 15 in.
Wheel Width (in): 7.000 in.
Wheel Material: Steel
TPMS Sensor Compatible: Yes
Primary Wheel Color: Black
Wheel Finish: Gloss
Manufacturers Wheel Series: Pro Comp Xtreme Rock Crawler 52 Series
Backspacing (in): 3.750 in.
Offset: -6.00mm
Wheel Construction: 2-piece
Beadlock Included: No
Beadlock Functional: No
Lug Nut Seat Style: Conical seat - 60 degree
Center Bore Diameter (in): 3.300 in.
Center Bore Diameter (mm): 83.82mm

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
IMHO it would be a good idea to use hub-centric rings to avoid having to rely on a purely lug-centric fitment.

83.8mm - to - 67.1mm is an oddball conversion, so they may be difficult to find. Here are a couple of examples ...

Gorilla Automotive doesn't offer an 83.8 - 67.1 ring in their product listing, but their website states you can check with them for additional part numbers (sizes?):

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/hub-centric-rings-page-02

HubCentric-Rings.com:

http://us.hubcentric-rings.com/sizes/

... offers a set of 83.0mm to 67.1mm rings, which I suppose is 'close enough for govt work'.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
The 15X7's are going to extend outward / outboard 4.75" from the wheel mounting surface (wheel hub).

You need to compare this measurement to what you've got now to get an idea how close to the fenders the new wheel / tire combo will extend.

I can't offer any comparison because your 16's are not factory rims for a 1998 5-lugger, and you haven't posted any spec's on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 15X7's are going to extend outward / outboard 4.75" from the wheel mounting surface (wheel hub).

You need to compare this measurement to what you've got now to get an idea how close to the fenders the new wheel / tire combo will extend.

I can't offer any comparison because your 16's are not factory rims for a 1998 5-lugger, and you haven't posted any spec's on them.
Ok well going to get my wheels / truck measured today at 4wp. The salesman said they should fit but not too confident he is saying that based off of anything more than the lug pattern lol. But just so I can say I asked, are there any rims that fit my truck perfect with no mods at all closest to OEM as possible? I just need 15" rims to replace the china 16" rims the truck came with on hwy tires so I can fit more tread at stock height on AT's. I'm really not too picky about the design so much as long as theyre simple and one color lol it's just hard to find OEM's near me at a reasonable price (all over $300) which is why I figured to go aftermarket in the first place.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
So ... Really all you're looking to change is the wheel width so you can put more tread on the ground - right?

You haven't specified your current (16") wheel width, so I don't have a baseline to work from. :shrug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So ... Really all you're looking to change is the wheel width so you can put more tread on the ground - right?

You haven't specified your current (16") wheel width, so I don't have a baseline to work from. :shrug:
Yea width and diameter I should say, the tires I have right now are 225 60 r16. Rim size 16x8 just went out and measured

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
Yea width and diameter I should say, the tires I have right now are 225 60 r16. Rim size 16x8 just went out and measured
Did you measure from outside lip to outside lip? If so - they're 16X7's. Each outer lip adds circa 0.5" to the width.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all!

What did you end up doing?

I'm looking to upgrade my 1998 RWD 2.4L 5 spd, from the 14x5 steelies, and I haven't found any 17x8 35ET, 67.1mm wheels for the 245/45/17 tires, that I've decided on.

Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts