Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4
, I was wondering if it was possible to drop it with airbags, to about an inch
. I don't know if it is possible also because when i look under it, it seems that some stuff might get in the way
.. I am not sure, anything you have to say will help, I live in Northern Virginia, and was wondering about prices and places I can go to do this... Thanks!

Attachments

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
well u can go to pro trucks....but may i ask u a ?, why in the hell do u wanna drop a 4x4, why dont u get a 2wheeler...ur prob gona do more harm then good if u do drop it, which would prob only b a couple in's..although....i have seen a 4x4 nissan 02 desert runner, layed on the ground....

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Get a 2WD.

It wouldn't work anyhow, you could drop the rear but the front would take some serious fabrication, and your front axle would probably be useless, if not completely removed.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
they DO have axles, drive axles with CV's... not a straight axle

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
IFS has an axle on a 4WD. If it was a straight axle you probably could lower it (why you would, I don't know), but the CV joints in the IFS axle would be put at an angle they couldn't handle and would break.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
haha..that reminds me a of a TJ Wrangler i saw for sale on Ebay, dropped with 18's or some crap... i laughed my ass off, and i can't tell you how many [censored] samurai's i've seen dropped as well...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yeah dude, it is possible. I've seen Samurais dropped as well. Disgraceful indeed, but still possible. I think I tried to throw something at the last lowered Samurai I saw.

·
Junkie
4,827 Posts
Don't mond these guys, we have had this question before. It would take some serious fabrication in the front to get the angles for the driveshafts and everything to jive, especially on airbags. I would first try to sell it cause you will get a lot of people cause its 4 wheel drive and buy "Duts" already bagged already 4 linked truck up. Believe me that truck is real nice! here is a pic!

http://members.cox.net/dut/tacoma.htm

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
your best bet would be to sell it and buy a regular 2wd. If you must keep this truck and lower it, you could buy a 2wd rolling chassis from a junkyard which I've priced around $1000 and swap it out. You could maybe remove the whole front clip and replace it with a 2wd front clip and do a similar thing in the rear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man I've waited a long time for replies to a post before but that's a little excessive.:looney: Guy was probably somebody from an offroad forum messing with you guys. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts