Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4wd fender on a 2wd HELP PLEASE

I have had my 1999 Tacoma for a while now and I went to a show this last weekend and saw this kick ass taco there. It looked like he had 4wd fenders on it. And now I have to have them.What year 4wd fenders do I order for my 99 Taco.I called a junk yard and they asked me if I wanted them with fender flares or without I really wasnt sure which one I needed.Can someone help.Any other common front end mod out there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: 4wd fender on a 2wd HELP PLEASE

I used 4wd 96 fenders on my 2wd 96tacoma and they bolted right on, but then I had to get 4wd corner lamps too.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Any year 4wd fender will work. And yes, you will have to replace the corner lamp with one made for that year fender. I'm really not sure if the 4wd corner lamps changed throughout the years, but any Tacoma fender will bolt up to any year tacoma. About the only thing that ever got changed on the tacoma throughout the years was the grille/headlight and the bed when they added the step-side. Other than that, pretty much any body part should be swappable within reason. (No double cab doors on an ext. cab etc...)

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts

only 95-00 fenders will mount up right on a 95-00 tacoma, the fenders are slightly different as is the mounting of the corners on the 01+ models, so any year 4x4 fender from 95-00 will work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
Haven't been on here in awhile. I am finally getting back to working on my Tacoma. Is it true that only 95-00 4x4 fenders will fit on my 2000 2wd? I recently scored some 4x4 fenders with flares from a 2004 4x4 four door Tacoma and wanted to make sure they fit before I take everything apart.

Thanks!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,564 Posts
If I recall correctly, you'd have to do an entire 2001 - 2004 front clip (whole front end) swap for the '01 - '04 fenders to line up with the rest of the front end components.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the response! I guess I'll sell the ones I've got. I've got a complete set of 2004 4x4 front fenders with flares as well as the matching rear flares. These are the ones that use the little plastic clips to attach to the fenders and bed sides.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,564 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the OEM attachment holes are different (number; locations) between the 2001-2004 and the pre-2001 eras.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts