Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the 4 electrical connections are on the bottom of the original tacomas bucket seats they are on the bottom of the seat hardware above the rails in each corner. I was just going to replace the seatbelt hardware set up from the tacoma seats to the 4 runner seats. the truck is 2006 access cab

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
Those would be the connections for the SRS (airbag / seatbelt) system sensors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, would they have to be transfered to the new seats or could i just plug them into the 4 runner seats if the plugs are the same the 4 runner has the same things

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
There's no reason to believe the 4Runner seat connections are the same as the Tacoma seat connections. Similar wires and plugs don't necessarily mean identical spec's or functions.

You're going to need the wiring diagrams for both vehicles and the expertise of someone who's accustomed to working with Toyota SRS setups.

Here (attached) are the 2006 Tacoma seat belt warning and SRS wiring diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply, i transfered the wire harness from the tacoma seat to the new 4 runner after checking that the ecu on each seat was the same and wire harnesses had all the same connectors, hooked it up with the original wiring harness from the tacoma all worked as the sensors are the same as well.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
I'm glad to hear there seemed to be complete compatibility between the wiring schemes and ECU's.

What year 4Runner did the new seats come from? Knowing which period's 4Runner seats might transplant so readily into a 2005 / 2006 Taco would be useful info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The seats came out of an 06 4runner (limited i think) both seats were heated and power. The bolt pattern on the passenger was correct just bolt in I havent done the driver seat yet but hope it is as well. All the sockets for the passenger air bag system were just straight plug in I checked the computer control that is mounted under the seat and it had the same info printed on it so I just hooked everything up and seems to be working.
Thank you for your quick replies it sure helps when your in the middle of a mess to get help right away !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts