Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, this is my first post here and still learning much as I go.

I just had a 4" RCD lift installed on my truck and also replaced the factory front springs with OME 886 based on how my front end dropped when I put on the front replacement bumper and winch.

The problem or challenge I have now is that the front end is 2.25" higher than the rear. There seems to be significant angles on the axles and upper control arms

What are your thoughts? Do I need to go back to the stock springs? I really figured I would need the heavy duty springs with the additional 245lbs of weight up front. The front end also tends to wander and float more now

I will post pics as soon as I hit 10 post............

Here is a pic of the truck.

Here is a pic of the front end components

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well if it's lifting it 4" then that's what you got. I'm pretty sure you really should not go over 3" unless you install a drop bracket lift. The only thing I can tell you is to try to swap out the coils for something with less lift and see if that helps. That setup looks weird to me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well if it's lifting it 4" then that's what you got. I'm pretty sure you really should not go over 3" unless you install a drop bracket lift. The only thing I can tell you is to try to swap out the coils for something with less lift and see if that helps. That setup looks weird to me.
isn't the RCD lift kit he has a drop down bracket lift?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Damn, I guess so. Weird... usually a DB lift keeps CV angles level. I don't know what's up with those coils that come with the kit.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Take her out and really flex that front end out. Those coils will eventually break in and it will be a lot better. If you go back to the stock coils, you're gunna destroy them in no time with that bumper while wheeling. Just give em a little time to settle. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts