Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4\" blocks? angled or not?

sup, fellas...few quick questions....

are the 4" blocks that come with the DJM Kit angled or not?
what difference does the angle make? is it better to be angled?
and if it is better...where can i get them without having to buy the whole kit OR should i just shell out the extra loot for 4" lowering leafs?

thanks...later.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Re: 4\" blocks? angled or not?

From what I understand the blocks with the DJM kit are pre-shimmed (angled) to the proper alignment already, this angle adjusts for the difference in the angle your drive shaft gets tilted at when lowering the rear, so the blocks are sort of counter angled to make up for it. That's the low-down I recieved on it.

Anybody else know of anything different?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Angled blocks are better. A friend of mine had after market leaf springs on his truck and he said that it made his ride really stiff. I personally prefer flip kits but I haven't found one for 01 taco. I take that back they make a 3" flip kit. Right now I have the 4"blocks from DJM and they seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: 4

Angled blocks are better. A friend of mine had after market leaf springs on his truck and he said that it made his ride really stiff. I personally prefer flip kits but I haven't found one for 01 taco. I take that back they make a 3" flip kit. Right now I have the 4"blocks from DJM and they seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: 4

My 3/4 kit from DJM came with a standard 4" block and a angled shim : ).

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts

I'm with SpacePimp. Angled is definitely better. In fact, I had non-angled blocks on my last truck (not a taco) and it was messing up my driveline because it put it in a funny bind.

My DJM 3/4 kit came with pre-angled 4" blocks. Nice stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts