Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Tacorpulent HP
Joined
·
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy on TN was posting that TRD now has an intake available for the 4.0. can anyone verify that claim?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I saw pics of it... I would agree with a guy on TN saying that its a K&N pipe (polyurethane) with an AFE or VOLANT box and K&N filter... for 400 bux.

http://web.mac.com/porterfamily/iWeb/Site/Library.html look at that. i think its cheesey I just installed my AFE yesterday!... I LOVE IT! If u guys want pic/sounds I can put it up here for u... I posted on TN already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
yes it is out, and yes you can buy it now. There is already a site out selling it at 300 dollars, and yes it does look just like a volant with a trd badge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,471 Posts
i think its going for 350 and up....toyota parts had it for 378

now who would want to spend that much ona tube and box
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,940 Posts
i have to say tho guys the trd kit is way more thouight out. over priced yes but the fact that it seals to the original cold air hol ein the fender is nice. also the way the air duct seals to the box and not the filter makign it yet again more impervious to hot engine bay air. if they dropped the price 100 bux it would be a good alternative to the k&n kits peopel are wasting their money on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
* Testing Done To Stringent Toyota Standards. Peak To Peak Power Gain (as Tested On 2006 Tacoma) Horsepower +11.0hp @ 4,850rpm And Torque +19.0 Ft-lb @ 3,600 Rpm - Largest Gain Horsepower +15.0 Hp @3,150rpm And Torque +25.0 Ft-lb @ 3,150 Rpm (individual Performance Improvements May Vary. Above Iformation Provided By Toyota/trd Parts & Accessory News Today. easy Installation (avarage 45min) There Is A Sticker On The Factory Box Advising In Part *** Important Notice *** This Part Is Sold With No Warranty And Installation Of This Part May Adversely Affect The Warranty Coverage Of The Vehicle. This Part Is Intended For Off-highway Use Only
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
i'm kinda surprised that TRD released a CAI before URD.
 

·
StepSIde
Joined
·
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
jncomatrix said:
* Testing Done To Stringent Toyota Standards. Peak To Peak Power Gain (as Tested On 2006 Tacoma) Horsepower +11.0hp @ 4,850rpm And Torque +19.0 Ft-lb @ 3,600 Rpm - Largest Gain Horsepower +15.0 Hp @3,150rpm And Torque +25.0 Ft-lb @ 3,150 Rpm (individual Performance Improvements May Vary. Above Iformation Provided By Toyota/trd Parts & Accessory News Today. easy Installation (avarage 45min) There Is A Sticker On The Factory Box Advising In Part *** Important Notice *** This Part Is Sold With No Warranty And Installation Of This Part May Adversely Affect The Warranty Coverage Of The Vehicle. This Part Is Intended For Off-highway Use Only
I'm going to wait for URD's CAI HP claims before I choose... I think URDs sounds like a better concept... The TRD CAI looks just like my stock airbox how can it pull in cold air?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,471 Posts
DPadilla said:
i'm kinda surprised that TRD released a CAI before URD.
TRD did not release anything...they just slapped their name on the Volant kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
If you compare the two there is a diffrence in the way they are made. But the TRD is the same design as the Volant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,940 Posts
00yota4x4 said:
TRD did not release anything...they just slapped their name on the Volant kit.
im not a defender of trd but i have to say your wrong man by a lot. uless you own the volant you have no grounds to stand on. the trd kit looks way more thought out. the volant kit i had worked great but fit like azz. i was triming the box and the tube and all sorts of stuff to make it fit right. plus there was a huge gap between the box seal and the fneder well. also there was a large gap around the intake tube where it entered into the box the trd kit the tube actually ataches to the box with a flexible coupler then the filter clamps onto a shoulde rinside the box that is part of the box allowing no hot air in the box. the other side by the fender actually has a tube comign out about an inch to reach to the inner fender with another seal on it once again sealign out the hot air. the design element is truely the same but i think trd executed it much better.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top