Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 3rd gen Tacoma that I intend on turning into a prerunner within the next few years. It is completely stock as of right now. I am interested in a v8 swap, particularly the LS. If money is not an object, how difficult would this be? Would it be possible, and if so, worth the outcome? Thanks! Best regards

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,212 Posts
It would be helpful to understand what you may be trying to accomplish.

What is it that motivates you to swap in a V8? What will you do with it? How do you expect to use it?

The point is that whatever answers you may get may vary depending on the intended purpose(s).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be helpful to understand what you may be trying to accomplish.

What is it that motivates you to swap in a V8? What will you do with it? How do you expect to use it?

The point is that whatever answers you may get may vary depending on the intended purpose(s).
I am really just looking for loads more power. The v6 honestly isn't cutting it and doesn't fit my needs. As I said, I'm turning it into a prerunner for a Baja race event that I attend in California with my cousins and friends every year. I also just love the sound and feel of a v8 and I need a new project car or at least something that sits in my garage and annoys my family and friends lol. This is really just a project for me and I wanted to go out on a limb to create something that very few other people have done and make it somewhat of an art piece and my pride and joy. I sold my project car a little while back and I have just been itching for something to tinker on. I apologize, I should have probably put that in the actual post lol it was late at night and I was about to go to bed.

·
Registered
97 2.4l extra cab manual trans #🌮⏳
2,193 Posts
If you are racing, Check the requirements of the class you are trying to get into. Running a supercharger on the 4.0 may keep you in a more stock type class, keeping your budget out of the clouds. Full unlimited you are stepping into a whole new ball park

1 - 4 of 4 Posts