Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4 Cylinder. I have 6.5 inchs of lift on it and currently have 285/75/16 tires on there. They look really small though on my truck so I am deciding wheather or not to go with a 36 inch tire or 35 inch tire with black rims. The only thing im worried about is if it is going to effect my engine and transmission in any bad way. I do believe they will clear on 6.5 inchs of lift but want to know other peoples opinion. I thank you for your time.

Paul Graham

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man sorry about that triple post my computer froze up. I have 4 inch body and 2.5 inch suspension lift

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
4 inch body? damn.... Hey, you got any pics bro? I relaly would like to see your truck. I have 33s and dropped my truck off tonight to get the 3'' lift installed ontop of the 3 in BL. I want to know what it looks like.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea man I do they it is attached to this message. Will 36 inch tires fit with no problem with engine

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
A regear would help for those tires, 4.88, that should bring it close to stock, im not 100% sure, more guys will chime in with that big of a tire shortly...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The tires will fit, but don't expect to take that thing offroad. It will rub the wheel wells so bad. But if its a street queen, go for it; it'll look sick. Yes and I would definately say regear, especially with the 4.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
It amazes me that these little tiny Toyota drivetrain parts hold up to tires bigger than 32" , but they do.(for how long I don't know) Most definetely will need a re-gear, unless you plan on going down the freeway in 3rd gear at 900 rpm. I do have to admit, Toyotas surprise me sometimes. If my comments offend anyone, sorry, just feeling a little ****y at the moment. :evil:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Beefed Taco said:
It amazes me that these little tiny Toyota drivetrain parts hold up to tires bigger than 32" , but they do.(for how long I don't know) Most definetely will need a re-gear, unless you plan on going down the freeway in 3rd gear at 900 rpm. I do have to admit, Toyotas surprise me sometimes. If my comments offend anyone, sorry, just feeling a little ****y at the moment. :evil:
These 'tiny little Toyota drivetrain parts' are good for an eleven second quarter mile. :waytogo:

This will help you with your gear setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys thanks for the reply. How much exactly is a regear to 4.88 ?

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
i think your truck looks good the way it is. my 2 cents. i want 31 inchers on my six inch lift but i plan on doing mild offroading.

·
Registered
186 Posts
4.88 gears are a must for 35's or bigger...especially with just a I-4. I might even go with 5.29 with a 4 banger. 35's will fit under 6.5" of lift. You can fit a 36 or 37 but it will rub and you won't have any wheel travel at all. If you really want to go bigger than 35's, I would go with a 6" Fabtech with a 3" coil spacer. You can run 37's like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts