Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS up again guys....i got a question and this is JUST out of curiosity. I noticed EVERYBODY with a 3" drop up front in here used the DJM lowering kit. Maybe i'm jEs being paranoid but why am i the ONLY one that lowered my taco up front using 3" lowering springs from Chassis Tech. I got them from Autobahn Wholesale (Zmotive.com). Lemme know if you guys know something that i don't. Thanks...later.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How is your alignment? As far as I know, that's the reason for using the upper control arm from DJM. How much did those coil's run you? What year taco do you own?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
The coils actually affect the position of the lower control arms, which sacrifices travel. The ball joint kit retains all travel and the DJM upper control arms correct the camber alignment. By flippng the ball joints, you don't move the lower control arm at all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the springs for $115+shipping....i think. When i first installed them the alignment was pretty off but i we had it aligned everything went back to normal. The ride quality isn't too bad.
Yeah...it's kinda bumpy but i figured that's what happens when you lower anything. aight...thanks for the info. later

·
Registered
73 Posts
My alignment was able to be brought back to spec easily after doing the free (well, $16) ball-joint flip, without the UCA's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts