Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyoen here have a 3" cat back system with a 18" magnaflow ? i am now thinking about ditching my factory pipe with the flowmaster for a 3" magnaflow and havign all the piping changed to 3". if i do go through with it i will have it done at a local exhaust shop. but i wanna know if anyone has seen any gains or losses with it and change in sound.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jonathan said:
mine is 3" with i think a 24 " magnaflow. might be a little deeper sounding? mine is deafining right now, im -4 cats :lol:
oh yea jon. you dont htink the lack fo cats and maybe the i dunno s/c changed the sound too do yo u.lol.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonathan said:
pretty sure its the 18" i was very happy with that muffler.
cool no wi think im goign to go to the muffler shop and see what they wanna charge me.

also jon how was the incab sound of the 18" i really dont like how loud the flowmaster is in the cab.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
i have the 18' and its fine in the cab just enuf for u to be able to hear that u have exhaust under there which i like

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
morcheez said:
i have the 18' and its fine in the cab just enuf for u to be able to hear that u have exhaust under there which i like
did you keep the stock piping? or did you go to 3"?

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
morcheez said:
I like the Morcheez Sounds, Mine is just as deep, just a little louder, but possibly a little shorter in length.

I believe both of our trucks still have the stock pipes... Just swapped mufflers

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well jon said he has the urd kit but also said he thinks its a 24" magnaflow. dunno if hes talkign abotu 2 seperate systems hes had or what. but i do know that i think the production urd kit uses a diff muffler then jons. i heard 2 trucks with the urd kits both sound amazing. but the n/a truck almost was louder at higher rpms.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
vtechthis said:
well jon said he has the urd kit but also said he thinks its a 24" magnaflow. dunno if hes talkign abotu 2 seperate systems hes had or what. but i do know that i think the production urd kit uses a diff muffler then jons. i heard 2 trucks with the urd kits both sound amazing. but the n/a truck almost was louder at higher rpms.
not anymore, my car sounds like a damn nascar :loveeyes:. i have had the 18" magnaflow, and the 14" before i did anything urd. the 18" sounds stock but a little louder, the 14 was pretty noisy but i liked it too.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jonathan said:
not anymore, my car sounds like a damn nascar :loveeyes:. i have had the 18" magnaflow, and the 14" before i did anything urd. the 18" sounds stock but a little louder, the 14 was pretty noisy but i liked it too.
jon here is the million dollar question. well in my eyes at least. the 18" magi. did it have a loud cab resonance at like 2500k. cause that is oen of the things i hate about my flowmaster. that and the fact that the truck at high rpms doesnt have an aggressive sound i like how the magnaflows have a kind of raspy sound up top.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
i have the magnaflow catback....2.5 inch piping up to the 18 inch muffler and then 3 inch piping after the muffler leading to the massive tail pipe. Sounds sweet.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Xacto said:
i have the magnaflow catback....2.5 inch piping up to the 18 inch muffler and then 3 inch piping after the muffler leading to the massive tail pipe. Sounds sweet.
see i was thinking of doing the stock piping up to the muffler then running 3 after the muffler but im not sure if that will effect the sound im want.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
vtechthis said:
jon here is the million dollar question. well in my eyes at least. the 18" magi. did it have a loud cab resonance at like 2500k. cause that is oen of the things i hate about my flowmaster. that and the fact that the truck at high rpms doesnt have an aggressive sound i like how the magnaflows have a kind of raspy sound up top.

go with the 18".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts