Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a flowmaster 40 Installed on my 4 door prerunner. Its way to loud for me. Especially inside the cab. Tomorrow I am having the muffler removed. I am thinking of installing a 60 series. Does anyone have a clip of anyother sounds other than flowmaster. I just dont know if the flowmaster is for me. I want something that is not to deep. More of just a street type muffler. Does anyone have a clip of how a apexi sounds on a 3.4?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how does the 18" and 24" magnaflow compare to the flowmaster 40? I want very minor tone in the cab. Anyone have clips of the 18 and 24?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 16" magnaflow that comes with the cat back kit. It has a droning sound from in the cab. I would recommend that you go with the 18, so that you still have a nice exaust sound, but you are not hearing it all the time.

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
I had the FM 40 on my truck for a while and got real tired of it. I now have an 18" Magnaflow straight-through and love it. A 24" would give you the same performance, but quieter.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a magnaflow 24" with 3 inch exhaust piping and no cats. It is not too loud at all. On the highway you can barley hear it untill you step on it - then it rumbles nicley.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got the 50series deltaflow still not what I want. I wanna try the magnaflow so if anyone is interested in this 50 series make me an offer. I hate to ask the muffler ship to swap out another muffler.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
What would you guys recommend for a 2wd 2.4 liter stock exhaust? Flowmaster has three 40 series, regular, delta, and super 40. It says the regular 40 is the loudest of the three but not sure how loud it would be on the 4 banger.:shrug:
I had a Raven muffler from Midas a long time ago and that wasn't loud enough.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
4drTACOMA said:
Well I got the 50series deltaflow still not what I want. I wanna try the magnaflow so if anyone is interested in this 50 series make me an offer. I hate to ask the muffler ship to swap out another muffler.
I am not sure the sound you are going for, but I will tell you this...leave that muffler on your truck for a few days. The sound of it will change after you have driven a few hundred miles. I had a 50 series Deltaflow on my 2004 3.4L and I have one on my 2006 4.0L Tacoma. If the 50 series Deltaflow is too loud, you are just going to waste your money on a 60 series or on any size Magnaflow.....the are still going to be too loud for you- they are all designed to be loud. I think you need to go back to the muffler shop with your stock muffler and have them put that back on, aftermarket mufflers are designed to be fairly loud...and it seems that the extra noise just isn't for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts