Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watsup fam is the 2rz high boost turbo kit from LC engineering any good? And if i do get it and the other suggestions they tell you to get like pistons, connecting rods and so on.. how much boost am i looking at? Thanks guys

·
Registered
215 Posts
Watsup fam is the 2rz high boost turbo kit from LC engineering any good? And if i do get it and the other suggestions they tell you to get like pistons, connecting rods and so on.. how much boost am i looking at? Thanks guys
The LC Engineering website says their kit is good for 10-25psi of boost. The stock 2RZ motor can handle close to 20 psi in stock form (no internal mods) as long as you have decent fueling/tune. The stock "pink" injectors (found on 00/01-2004 4cyl) will be near their limit at 10psi and at the very least, you will need a fuel pump upgrade. Running larger injectors will require a way to trim / control them

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have their manifold and their high boost turbo and the manifold is by far the best I’ve used. If your gonna daily drive it don’t even waste your time with a crappy stainless log manifold unless you wanna spend every other weekend welding up cracks I’ve already went down that road
As far as motor goes My daily driver is running 14psi with lots of detonation (megasquirt needs tuned badly) for last 30k miles and all I have is arp studs and oem Toyota head gasket and I’m not easy on it at all. So I recommend at least the LCE manifold just pick which turbo suites you best and you’ll be happy just my .02

·
Registered
66 Posts
The LCE manifold will fit the common T3/T4 turbos widely used. There are several from smaller Diesel engines that can work in a gas burner configuration if you know the trims of the hot/cold sides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts