Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1987 toyota pickup 2wd with a 96 2rz swap in it, i recently installed a supercharger. Once i start truck, truck idles rough but when truck warms up it runs better but still not how it should be. I spray brake clean with engine running and only found a leak at injector seals and injector cup. Replaced those and truck still does same.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Which ECM are you using - the 1987 ECM or the 1996 ECM?

If you transplanted a 1996 ECM along with your engine swap ...

The 1995.5 / 1996 4-cylinder factory ECM's had problems working fast enough to keep up with the dynamics of a TRD supercharger.

TRD discontinued support for early Tacomas until either the 1997 or 1998 model year (when the ECM's were upgraded), and they discouraged installation of TRD S/C's on these earliest Tacos.

There have been folks who've claimed to get reasonable performance with the OEM 1995.5 / 1996 ECM's. 'Officially', though, it's a known problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Know anything about 2000 2rz supercharger from LC Engineering, runs rich at WoT had to completely shut 5th injector to get 11.8 air fuel ratio. I almost think the stock ecu can handle even the timing. I have them set to 4 degrees retard to ecm auto advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never mind figured it out, LCENGINEERING don’t know anything about tuning!. I completely removed the timing retard, ( so stock ecu is controlling) and just added some pulse injection to the 5th injector 1ms at 4500 rpm to redline for added safety on ping. Remember this is a distributor less motor. So ecu has a set standard of advancement total advance is only 20 safe at 12psi max.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
So it's running fine now? If so - glad to learn you figured it out and fixed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yup running like a stock Toyota with a supercharger installed. No need for fancy 5th injector “tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts