Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paradise racing flywheels fit both 2rz and 3rz but lc engineering has different flywheels for 2rz and 3rz. OEM replacement flywheels and clutch kits have different part numbers between the 2rz and 3rz. The 3rz clutch kits (9-7/8", 10") are slightly larger than 2rz (9-1/4", 9-3/8").

My question is can a 2rz (2.4L) clutch kit fit in a 3rz flywheel?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,086 Posts
I'm working from vague memory, so bear that in mind ...

I seem to recall there's a difference in length for the input shafts (?) between the transmissions used with the 2RZ (on 5-luggers) and the 3RZ (on 6-luggers). This causes a difference in bell housing depth between the two, and it's necessary to swap bell housings when switching between these two RZ engines.

Might this difference make a difference in whether you can use one engine's clutch with the other engine / flywheel?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly... you're sorta trying to upgrade the 2.4L clutch/flywheel assembly with a "beefier" version which the 2.7L may or may not have?

If that's the case, did your upgrade work? Post the part numbers for going with the 2.7L version...

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I'm reading this correctly... you're sorta trying to upgrade the 2.4L clutch/flywheel assembly with a "beefier" version which the 2.7L may or may not have?

If that's the case, did your upgrade work? Post the part numbers for going with the 2.7L version...
Yes thats what i was trying to do. I remember reading about in the old version of this forum but could not find anything about it in the advanced search.

I ended up just getting 2rz flywheel and clutch kit. The 3rz uses a different transmission 4x4, didn't think it would work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts