Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry if this is a repost, but today I decided to take my truck in and get the clutch pedal assembly, and capet TSB done which I found on the truck nation site. What ever they replaced works great. I can now slam it into second gear at redline without the slightest hint of it grinding, it just falls right into gear. Its awsome to beable to finally drive this truck without worring if it is going to grind.
And just incase you guys dont know im new to the ct site.

·
Registered
688 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
what exactly did they replace?
A foam pad under the carpet that allows the pedal to travel futher.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did two TSB's one was the clutch feel improvment, and the clutch squeak noise. I found the link to all data on this site somewhere I will see if I can find it again. They said they replaced the clutch assembly, bushings, and the carpet mod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, guys, I just bought a new 07 Tacoma and have been having problems with 2nd gear grinding (or at least "crunching") when I upshift from 1st ro 2nd. Other gears feel "crunchy" sometimes, too, but mostly 2nd, I assume because of the RPM difference going from 1st ro 2nd.

Searching various forums turned up this thread, as well as others, but the TSB is for 05-06 tacos. My '07 truck was supposedly built this month (Dec '06), so shouldn't it have had the latest and greatest clutch, etc.?

Anyone else out there with an '07 that grinds?

Thanks,
--mgm

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im having the same exact problem. Im going in monday to hopefully get the clutch TSB's done and a tranny replacement. I know the guys that work there so hopefully they will be cool about it.

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
Ok, guys, I just bought a new 07 Tacoma and have been having problems with 2nd gear grinding (or at least "crunching") when I upshift from 1st ro 2nd. Other gears feel "crunchy" sometimes, too, but mostly 2nd, I assume because of the RPM difference going from 1st ro 2nd.

Searching various forums turned up this thread, as well as others, but the TSB is for 05-06 tacos. My '07 truck was supposedly built this month (Dec '06), so shouldn't it have had the latest and greatest clutch, etc.?

Anyone else out there with an '07 that grinds?

Thanks,
--mgm
Im having the same exact problem. Im going in monday to hopefully get the clutch TSB's done and a tranny replacement. I know the guys that work there so hopefully they will be cool about it.
If you want to stop 2nd gear grinding at high rpm's you can either switch the gear oil to redline MT-90 or take some LSD additive from the dealer and add it to the gear oil.

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
I switched to AMSOIL SVG and it still does it.
If you have a second gear grind when shifting and only in second gear then it has to be the second gear synchro problem inside the tranmission.
I can vouch for the LSD additive eliminating the problem...thats what was done to mine and it hasnt grinded once since then.

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
my pedal squeeked for like a week and then it stopped. so im not sure whats going on with that. and im having the same problem, if i hit 2nd hard, it wont go in gear. sucks when youre racing someone and your truck wont go into gear at a high RPM. makes me look like an idiot. although, i sitll beat the celica after missing a gear.

im gonna go to the dealer on monday and see if they have some of it. do i need to drain some of the tranny fluid before putting the LSD additive in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.