Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, after turboing my 2RZ which was a blast... I decided to up the game a bit.

I bought a 1992 Aristo complete car with a 2JZ-GTE (usdm turbos, 550cc injectors, tuned)

Now i'm looking for some info that if someone could bring forward. I've been doing some research and found out these things i'll need to do.

Mounts
Brake booster change or make a intake manifold to fit the original booster.
Rad
Fabbing (obv)

I'm okay with most the stuff and im decently inclined to do the work.

I'm more wondering about the wiring.... If maybe someone can give me pointers to get the engine to run etc.

I was thinking of using the aristo gauge cluster as well.

Please let me know if you can help guide me in the right direction, Much appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
If your goal is just to make the engine run and not have any working accessories or lights (maybe) swap both engine and dash wiring harnesses from the aristo to the tacoma, plug everything into the aristo ecu, wire up the starting/charging system, plumb fuel lines, cooling, and send it. You'd probably have to do some custom wiring for the neutral/clutch safety switch and there definitely will be some wiring length problems everywhere seeing as you're swapping between 2 completely different platforms. This would be the cheap way but cheap doesn't always mean efficient, time is money, and it's not going to be pretty.

2jz swaps are so common now I would bet there is a company out there that sells a full kit that will cover 90% of your wiring and have detailed pinouts/diagrams for covering all the odds and ends, It's going to be expensive though. Most likely a stand alone ECM, digital dash or wiring for installing individual gauges as you need. Rywire will build custom harnesses sometimes but from my experience they deal mostly with popular tuning platforms, Haltech would be an other one to look into.

Also look up people on youtube/instagram that have done a similar swap, watch their videos, send them a message, and hope they're willing to let you pick their brain and share their knowledge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts