Discussion Starter #1
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

AND SHOW ME

Index2wd Discussion2wd Suspension1995.5-2004

atlasreptiles

NewbieJoin:*about 4 hours agoPosts:*1

17 minutes ago*· #1

265/70/16 on 99

HI guys, new to the group. I've had many late 80s/90s Toyota pickups. This is my first taco. It's from my late fatherinlaw who bought it new and has all records. Needless to say I was unaware of how very different the 2nd 5lug Tacomas are. For the past year I've pretty much just driven it and maintained it the way he had it. Now it's time to "make it mine". Just ordered a fat Bob kit aal/spacer since the rear leafs are very flat from carrying a hitop camper shell from the start. Since I just got a SWEET 97 4runner 5spd 4wd, I'd like to try to run the same size tire for both; 265/70/16. This doesn't sound too crazy right? The Tacoma has the 2.4 w 5spd, I expect it to bit a little more sluggish but whatever I've not had a speeding ticket in years lol. Seems that the tires may JUST fit especially with the lift. .I think. Biggest problem I am having is choosing a wheel. I'd prefer something I can pull from the junkyard or find on CL or marketplace; something "cheap" probably from another make/ model. Any suggestions?? Finding info on this is tough, this seems to be the place though. I ask on fb and just get ignored or bad info from owners of prerunners/6 luggers that don't seem to get there is a difference. Little did I know until recently myself. I'd really appreciate some advice, kinda keeps me awake at night lmao. Thanks

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
I've responded in your other thread ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts