Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To follow up, I went with the 15x8 0 offset Vision 521 Nitro wheels with 245/60/15 tires, along with 83.06 -> 67.1 mm hubcentric rings. Really happy with the setup! Attaching photos. View attachment 135192 View attachment 135193 View attachment 135194 View attachment 135196 View attachment 135197 View attachment 135198
It looks good! Glad to see the 8" wide rims and beefy tires give you maximum outward extension without obviously "sticking out."
This build looks amazing! Sorry for popping up out of the blue but I also need some help.

I have a 2002 5 Lug (RWD) Tacoma on stuck suspension and want to run 245/75 R16 tires with a 0 offset 16" wheel, do you think this will fit without rubbing?

This truck will never see the dirt, it's fully used on streets.

I can also add a 2.5" leveling kit if needed... Please help.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
It's hard to tell in the abstract, but I'm gonna come down on the side of caution and say:

"No - it's not likely to fit without rubbing unless other adjustments are made."

Compared to the OEM 205/75/15 tires these would add:

• 1.5" of tread width
  • 3.4" of tire diameter

Meanwhile ... Going with a 0 offset would result in pushing the outboard tire surface circa 1.5" to 1.65" farther outboard.

IMHO you'd be increasing the risk of rubbing both inboard (via increased diameter) and at the fenders (via bigger diameter, increased width and no offset at all).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to tell in the abstract, but I'm gonna come down on the side of caution and say:

"No - it's not likely to fit without rubbing unless other adjustments are made."

Compared to the OEM 205/75/15 tires these would add:

• 1.5" of tread width
  • 3.4" of tire diameter

Meanwhile ... Going with a 0 offset would result in pushing the outboard tire surface circa 1.5" to 1.65" farther outboard.

IMHO you'd be increasing the risk of rubbing both inboard (via increased diameter) and at the fenders (via bigger diameter, increased width and no offset at all).
Man, thank you for your reply!

What do you think makes sense on a 16" 0 offset wheel? I ask so specifically because I want to have a 16" wheel so I can have more tire options and the 0 offset is just aesthetic preference.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom brother!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
Let's back up and address first things first ...

How do you want the tires to sit in the wheel wells?

Are you looking to make the tires flush with the wheel well openings? Do you want them to tuck inside the fenders, or do you want them to extend out a bit? Or ... ?

What wheel width are you looking to have on the 16's?

What's the 2.5" leveling kit supposed to do, and how does it fit into the plan? Is this a lift kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, let me elaborate:

- I am looking to get a slight poke fitment and also something that fills the wheel well more.

I already ordered the Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit with struts and shocks for the front and back so I can fit a taller tyre without risking rubbing at the top, I also didn't go with anything higher to avoid compromising driveability since this is my daily and well, it's a little 4 cylinder. I would use all the power just moving the wheels.

- I LOVE wheels with 0 or negative offset and that's the type of wheel I want and I want them in 16" so I can have access to mote tyre options

- The previous owner sold it to me with 17" +35 (or whatever offset full flush is) wheels and 245/45 17 street tyres in a stock suspension which makes it very light and agile when driving but horrible when going over potholes so I want bigger tyres to help with shock absorption.

I drive 100% of the time on streets but I'm not going to lie, I am tempted to dump a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T revo3 on a 245/75 16. They also have it in 225/75 16 which might just do the trick in combination with the 0 offset wheels.

I appreciate any and all thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts