Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m buyin a ‘20 TRD Sport premium... I’m being told by the dealerships here (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada ) that they won’t sell me a leveling kit.
telling me they “strongly recommend” that I don’t put one on due to it changing the lane departure / adaptive cruise control... even to the point that I’m told it will void the warranty ( I can buy an independent 3rd party warranty, but +\-$2200 )

Anyone with any insight / further info about this ?

thanks in advance folks 🤟

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,680 Posts
That's a new one on me ... Did they give any clues as to how leveling the truck would screw with the lane departure / adaptive cruise control functions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all, I’m buyin a ‘20 TRD Sport premium... I’m being told by the dealerships here (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada ) that they won’t sell me a leveling kit.
telling me they “strongly recommend” that I don’t put one on due to it changing the lane departure / adaptive cruise control... even to the point that I’m told it will void the warranty ( I can buy an independent 3rd party warranty, but +\-$2200 )

Anyone with any insight / further info about this ?

thanks in advance folks 🤟
That's a new one on me ... Did they give any clues as to how leveling the truck would screw with the lane departure / adaptive cruise control functions?
Only saying that it’s because of the angles being changed.
The sensors are all set up to work at stock angles and if / when you level or lift the truck, the sensors won’t “work as they’re designed to work “
Saying I’ll get lights on the dash And they can’t be responsible for the operation of those systems.
You can just turn the sensors off on the steering wheel controls, from what I understand.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I have a 2019 TRD OR Premium 6mt with all of those TSS features, I put a 1.5-inch spacer in the front and an add-a-leaf in the back and have no issues with my radar-controlled features. I even went 1 inch larger than stock on the tires and the speedo is only off by a fraction at 60mph(within 1mph), and cruise control works just fine. I'd imagine with an extreme lift you might have issues, but not with a mild spacer lift. I would recommend trying to maintain the stock rake though if you're really concerned about it, which is what I did(not because of the systems becoming inoperative, but because I prefer the rake over level or too high in the front).

Lane departure can be turned off easily, but the radar-guided cruise control will be completely inoperative if the radar sensor is bad or dirty. As in, cruise control won't even engage. I was driving in heavy rain recently, so heavy that the system thought the sensor was dirty and even gave me a message stating that the sensor needed to be cleaned, and it wouldn't allow cruise control to be engaged at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s all very good info... thanks

I called another dealership, biggest one around here, and asked if they’d put a kit on if I bought one there.
100% they will and they will honor full warranty no question.
he even beat the previous price, not by much, but beat it.
I called and cancelled the first truck and ordered in from this guy.
should have it all sorted.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That’s all very good info... thanks

I called another dealership, biggest one around here, and asked if they’d put a kit on if I bought one there.
100% they will and they will honor full warranty no question.
he even beat the previous price, not by much, but beat it.
I called and cancelled the first truck and ordered in from this guy.
should have it all sorted.
Yeah, it sounds like you just had a crappy dealer the first go. Glad you found one that would work better for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts