Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting a LOC on my pickup soon and instead of pulling the head unit to tap into speaker, I was thinking of doing it close to the left rear speaker. By the door or in that channel somewhere. Any Suggestions?
I also need a wiring Diagram if someone has on.

Also has anyone put the Amp in the small back cubby? (left side) Worried it might over heat. Running 1 channel on a 900 watt amp.

Is there a Box they make that will fit into the the large cubby? (right side)

I'm sure I'm missing something else, But thank you!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,592 Posts
I don't have any wiring diagrams recent enough to reflect the current stereo wiring. Sorry ...

In a similar vein, I don't have any body / structural documentation new enough to be sure about the latest version of the rear cubby arrangements.

I don't recall anyone trying to tap an LOC into the speaker circuits (away from the head unit). It seems to me the longer the wire run from head unit to LOC, the higher the risk of interference on the line (and through your speakers). I don't know if this risk was the reason no one's reported tapping the LOC into the circuit at the speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the reply. I figure rather the converter is at the head or at the amp in the back, either way your going to be running long wires somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts