Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck is a 2015 Tacoma 4X4, 4cyl manual, 2 door X-Cab. The kit is the OME 2.5"-3″ lift kit for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma from BilsteinLifts. I got the 90021 front shocks, 884 coil springs, front & rear drop kits, ICON add-a-leaf and 5125 rear shocks. Tires are Mickey Thompson MTZ 31X10.50 on the OEM steelies. (Gonna black them)

Two pro techs at my local shop installed it in about 6 hours w/zero complaints. I have a lot of emails into BLifts over the years, inquiring before buying. They're great with their answers and their overall customer service. Thanks again BLyfts!

The truck rides great. I didn't think it really looked that different after the lift, but before the tires were mounted. It's only been a few days, and I have yet 2 give the tires the hunnert milin'hour hwy test, but we did just get a decent snowstorm so that's opportune for eval. Clearance over medians, or high, frozen ice barriers is all good. Turning lock-2-lock even under compression is fine. From behind the wheel you can definitely notice you're more propped up. The suspension feels smooth and firm, but not harsh in any way. My little Taco now feels truly capable of handling moderate terrain. This is my 3rd lifted Taco, out of 4 total. The last one was an '02 TRD that had 35's on it @ one point.

I was a little concerned that with the larger tires she wouldn't crawl around in 2nd gear anymore. If I can't torque a slow roll and crawl around a parking lot @ 900RPM I would NOT be a happy scout. But it still does, so that's great. Perhaps the heavier tires even provide somewhat of a flywheel effect. I can still short-shift into 4th @ 1,600, or 3rd @ 1,100.

It would be so great if Toyota could see the market for suspension options on their stripped down 4cyl Tacos. Toy could offer upgraded TRD suspension in their base 4X4's, cheap and profitable. If we wanna go ahead and put bigger tires on it... well they have plenty of lawyers and engineers to figure out how to void the warranty. 4Sirius, my Taco in stock trim would always rub the front tires on the wheelwells, everytime I backed or pulled into my girlfriend's drive w/steep apron. And when I was backing in, the wheel was straight!

These mods cost me maybe 3,300 for everything, but take away the tires and it's more like $2250. So my Taco that's
4cyl M/T
no fold-down passenger seats
no pwr locks
no windows that open except for main
no WIPER DELAY (No wiper delay! To this day, I'm still like WTF? R U KIDDING ME?!?!)
light duty rear bumper with a hole drilled for a ball

in 2015 was $23G new. In 2015 the TRD SR5 truck sticker price was $35-37K.

So buy aftermarket, retrofit, and drive away with awesome tires, a quality 2.5" suspension lift w/OME and Bilstein components, AND 10G in the bank. Only way, if you like the small motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a few pics of L and R front clearance to the mud flaps with the wheels cocked

1 - 2 of 2 Posts