Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first built my 2013 2wd regular cab back in 2013, I installed the X-Runner Bilstein shocks and struts. However, I found them to be way too stiff for a 4-cylinder truck. The struts were so stiff it was like I had no suspension at all. As such, I reverted to the only aftermarket shocks and struts I could find which are made by KYB (these). The KYB shocks are struts are super cheap and look like little balls of rust on my rust-belt truck that gets driven during the winter.

Anyway, it's been years since I looked into the shock and strut world and am wondering if the KYB parts are still the only thing available for my truck?

I really like the looks of the Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts as they look like their corrosion resistant, but the warning on the Amazon page is that they don't fit 5 lug trucks(?) I also don't want to raise my truck as it's lowered 3", but I figured if the 5100's fit, I'd just put the c-clip on the lowest setting.

My truck (which is still shiny on the top but rusty on the bottom)...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In looking at Bilstein's web site, they list the following shocks and struts for my truck. I'm assuming these are no longer the X-Runner parts?
  • Left Front: B6 4600 Series - Part Number: 24-185042
  • Right Front: B6 4600 Series - Part Number: 24-185066
  • Rear: B6 4600 Series - Part Number: 24-185073
Still would prefer something corrosion resistant since my last Bilstein's were all rusty after the first winter :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts