Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members, I'm new to this forum, I was hoping to get some insight/suggestions for my upcoming project. I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD 4X4 quad cab, short bed. I want to lift it 3" ideally but that's up for debate base on what you more experienced members think. I'd like to go with either 285/75 16s or 285/75 17s, is there a real big difference in size/tire height between the two? I don't want to have to do any cutting or trimming. For the front I'm considering either the Fox coil-overs 2.5 Factory Series - IFP p/n 880-02-361 or 883-02-025. The first one lists a height of 0-2" and doesn't require a replacement upper control arm, the second one lists a height of 0-3" and does require a replacement uca, for the rear i'll go with the entry level fox shock 2.0 Performance Series IFP p/n 980-24-670, that shows a lift of 0-1". That is one option, I'm also considering going with all Icon. In that scenario I also have the option of two different coil-overs for the front. Icon p/n ICON-5-8630 and ICON-5-8635. Those two list a ride height of 0-3.5" lift and one requires a replacement UCA while the other does not. For the rear I'm looking at 2.0 Performance Series IFP shock that lists a 0-1" lift. For the UCA I'm looking at the least expensive of all the ones I've seen, it's an Icon, I think, Tacoma Light Racing UCA, is anyone familiar with this particular one, I want to remain on a budget but if I hear this is a cheapy, then I'll just spend the extra money and buy a more expensive Icon, Total Chaos, or Camburg. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, recommendations appreciated, thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts